• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cliche fantasy dinner party thread

spurspinter1

Paul Stalteri
Not to come off like a try hard version of the opening question on the GG pod but...:

If you could summon five people (Living or dead, fictional or non fictional) to an evening of good food, stimulating discussion and the odd pub game, who would it be and why? Heroes and villains are welcome.

I Feel like random needs a freshening up and it’d be interesting to hear from our esteemed posters who people find inspiring/ intriguing.

Michael Palin love his travel shows think he would be interesting.

Steve Perryman goes without saying.

Paul Weller could sing us a song

Liz Hurley my pin up girl

Nigella Lawson could help out with the cooking, sexy as hell.

Mark Rylance my favourite actor, former artistic director of the Globe theatre.

Writer and all round raconteur Clive James (RIP)
Barry Humphries (Dame Edna is allowed as his plus one and encouraged after the port's broken out)
Suzanne Howard - my wife
John Cleese
Graham Norton
Dame Helen Mirren

I know...I cheated...6, but that's a good dinner party right?!

@Bullet has it right.

Entertainers are miserly with their bonhomie when the spotlights are off. Actors have nothing behind the current mask: that’s pretty much what qualifies them into the job.

Leaders platitudinise rather than providing insight into their successes. Evil-doers would probably offer more self-justification than candour.

Wanting to meet an author because you enjoy their writing is like asking to be introduced to the duck because you love foie gras. Same for musicians.

I’ve seen enough of all my friends and family and don’t want them in novel combinations. Even Bullet’s fallback idea would fail: the gaggle of hot women would have little to say to the fat middle-aged invalid who had creepily convened them.

Ferran Adria can do the cooking and I suppose my wife is invited.

Happy, if it helps, to distract King and Lemmy with barbed comments on Hawkwind and the dividing line between schlock genre and literary fiction so that you have Carrie Fisher’s undivided attention. I assume that Irwin is demonstrating crocodile restraint techniques on Coco by this point in the evening.

I feel like the visuals inspired by this post may surpass anything to come, glorious imagery :D

Dara O'brian, funny and interesting.

Cameron Diaz, sexy and I think she's fun to be around

Stephen Fry, just seems like a likable guy, who knows a lot of stuff, and is easy to talk with

Barak Obama, just like the guy. Like how he talks, and is very knowledable.

Danny Tenaglia, my favorite DJ who would be in charge of the music. All round nice guy. Would have lots of stories to tell from the New York club scene back in the days of Paradise Garage, the Loft, Studio 54 etc.

Last edited:
I always think you only need one raconteur at a dinner party and some people to ask good questions, I'd go for David Niven, worked in the golden age of Hollywood gave it up to come to fight in WW2 and has met many giants of the 20th century, but I'm an old fart trapped in that time.

Michael Palin love his travel shows think he would be interesting.

Steve Perryman goes without saying.

Paul Weller could sing us a song

Liz Hurley my pin up girl

Nigella Lawson could help out with the cooking, sexy as hell.

Mark Rylance my favourite actor, former artistic director of the Globe theatre.
No Cav? ......... laughable

Back