• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

CL Round of 16 Draw: Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just need dates to book the flights

Been Milan to see us win
Been PSV ti see us win but lose on penalties (had to give the MOTM to Gomes who was their keeper at the time)
Been to Barca for the Grand Prix and with a bird so now time for the the mighty spurs

After last year there will be a few top teams glad not to have been drawn against us.

Hope we play Barca first

Very exciting.

How good/bad are Inter and PSV nowadays... obvs they finished in the top few of their league so they are no pushovers.

I need TP for my bunghole, even if we don't make it through the group we will have had 6 top games to enjoy... but hopefully we go through nicely with no drama and no injuries

(Kick-off times to be confirmed in due course)

18 September – Inter Milan (A)
3 October – Barcelona (H)
24 October – PSV Eindhoven (A)
6 November – PSV Eindhoven (H)
28 November – Inter Milan (H)
11 December – Barcelona (A)

So our first home game in the Champions League at our new stadium could/should have been against Barcelona.

You could not make this up.

Or actually you could...

We have already agreed with UEFA that our first home group match against Barcelona will be staged at Wembley Stadium and we shall provide a further update on the venue for our home group games against PSV and Inter as soon as this is confirmed.

While it would have been awesome to beat Barcelona in the new stadium in its first European game, I'd rather we didn't have the other scenario of them beating us in our first game there.
In the same way, I was kind of pleased not to have Liverpool as the first league game.

I was glad to get Barca, come what may and I assume the players are delighted at the prospect. My only real issue is I despise Suarez and hate the thought of having to watch him again. I was so glad when he felt lfc and I could forget about him and his gormless overbite and sleazy, cheating, biting ways.

While it would have been awesome to beat Barcelona in the new stadium in its first European game, I'd rather we didn't have the other scenario of them beating us in our first game there.
In the same way, I was kind of pleased not to have Liverpool as the first league game.

Yeah, that’s why I like the idea of starting with Inter. Like Man U to finish WHL - a big name, but with every prospect of a win.

Inter and PSV games are the critical ones. Anything from the Barca ties is a bonus - which is probably the way Inter and PSV view it too.
Yet there’s no reason why we can’t give Barcelona a run for their money. We are growing and improving year on year and I think I feel far less worried at this draw than I would have a couple of years ago. And whatever happens, what a great experience it will be and what a great night that home tie will be. (And I’m just back from holiday in time. Yay!)
I need TP for my bunghole!

(Kick-off times to be confirmed in due course)

18 September – Inter Milan (A)
3 October – Barcelona (H)
24 October – PSV Eindhoven (A)
6 November – PSV Eindhoven (H)
28 November – Inter Milan (H)
11 December – Barcelona (A)

I think that's a really good running order for us. The toughest game is last, with two home games before it meaning that we will hopefully qualify before the Barca away game. I think we could be top of the group going into that last game.

I think that's a really good running order for us. The toughest game is last, with two home games before it meaning that we will hopefully qualify before the Barca away game. I think we could be top of the group going into that last game.
Not sure Barcelona away as a group decider is a good running order!
Especially with Inter's easiest home game on the same night. We will need to have knocked Inter out by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back