• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

The piece that gets me with pundits and their deluded fans

- If they are the biggest club (or top 3) in the world, why the fudge would they hire Moyes, a washed up LVG, OGS or Poch (as much as we all love Poch)

Why wasn't Pep (before City), Conte, Allegri, etc on their list?

And yes, OGS will be fired before this time next year (and long may it continue)
Agree, but the thing that really gets me is their fans genuinely believed that Ole was a better choice as manager than Poch - like seriously, how dare they?! What the hell has he ever done in this country except relegate Cardiff? Poch is ten times the manager he will ever be, and I was really looking forward to a Man U coming in for Poch and the media looking like complete idiots when he rejected them. Oh well, I’m sure this opportunity will present itself again at some point....

Agree, but the thing that really gets me is their fans genuinely believed that Ole was a better choice as manager than Poch - like seriously, how dare they?! What the hell has he ever done in this country except relegate Cardiff? Poch is ten times the manager he will ever be, and I was really looking forward to a Man U coming in for Poch and the media looking like complete idiots when he rejected them. Oh well, I’m sure this opportunity will present itself again at some point....
I guess it was a wave of nostalgia and we all tend to get behind our own if we can. It’s usually telling how a players reputation drops just before or after they are transferred out. Plus they are arrogant counts who think they have a divine right to win things, whilst playing great football with a team produced entirely by their academy. They lost their competitive advantage when the doped clubs started to challenge and they responded by selling their souls to the highest bidder, which in turn handicapped their colossal financial advantage. Then Lord Ferg left so the strategy of scaring every ref, academy player and pundit brickless whilst buying players of any team looking to try and bust the top 4 didn’t work any more. The only way Woodward’s decision making would make sense would be if he was a Liverpool fan or paid by Emirates Marketing Project

I think that the situation they are in is a little like the one Poch inherited with us but with vastly more money. It is going to take at least four windows to clear out and replace the unmotivated and not good enough. If they want to change the structure and bring in a DoF, you can add a year to that.

It has a familiar feeling.

Portuguese tactician loses the plot. Former player takes over as interim manager. After a promising start it has descended into chaos with no discernible playing style and senior players doing whatever they feel like. Instead of bringing in the current Southampton manager they've given him a long term deal.

I think that the situation they are in is a little like the one Poch inherited with us but with vastly more money. It is going to take at least four windows to clear out and replace the unmotivated and not good enough. If they want to change the structure and bring in a DoF, you can add a year to that.

On the money, which is why it really is wise for them to get a good DoF and back OGS. They need a root and branch exactly along the lines we needed one.

It has a familiar feeling.

Portuguese tactician loses the plot. Former player takes over as interim manager. After a promising start it has descended into chaos with no discernible playing style and senior players doing whatever they feel like. Instead of bringing in the current Southampton manager they've given him a long term deal.

OGS got a free-pass when they beat us at Wembley in a match where absolutely played them off the park and should've won by three. Everyone spoke of his tactical masterclass. It was luck and De Gea's best night of the season.

OGS got a free-pass when they beat us at Wembley in a match where absolutely played them off the park and should've won by three. Everyone spoke of his tactical masterclass. It was luck and De Gea's best night of the season.

De Gea wasnt even that good and his performance was massively over hyped.

We have to take responsibility for the fact that every shot we made was right down his throat.

Barring one good save with his feet, none were of any real note.

Had Lloris let them in he would have been strung up on here.

On the money, which is why it really is wise for them to get a good DoF and back OGS. They need a root and branch exactly along the lines we needed one.
Problem is OGS is not good enough. There are much better managers out there. If Woodward could pull his head out of his arse, properly scout a manager and not go for the easy, popular option each time they could get the next appointment right. But he seems like a chancer and while Woodward is still there the situation will not change.

Last edited:
Pogba to be only non-Emirates Marketing Project or Liverpool player picked

Paul Pogba will be the only non Liverpool or Emirates Marketing Project player named in the PFA team of the year when it is announced on Thursday.

The Manchester United midfielder, who has been criticised by many pundits for his recent performances, was voted for by his fellow Premier League players.

I suppose you could say he has had a big impact on the fortunes of his team this season.

On Ole, I think we have to look at the whole season. There was the phase with Mourinho, where performances were poor, the phase with caretaker Ole, where performances were much better and the results matched improved, and then the phase with manager Ole, where performances were poor again. The players are capable of playing better than they have when they want to, its just they can't be bothered most of the time. Neither keeping Ole or bring in a new manager will change this.

United have to work out who are the players most responsible for this attitude and clear them out. Given the prices and wages of the likely culprits this could be difficult. Fortunately, Ed Woodward is on the job.

P.S. You can divide our season into the same three phases. We were poor during the caretaker Ole period.

Last edited:
I think they might be encouraged from the first half last night, at least they applied themselves. If they can get something against Chelsea then they have 2 winnable games to end the season.

Hopefully, they get it together for those 3 games and finish 4th, with us in 3rd and the other qunts in the Europa.

Back