1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Christian Eriksen

Discussion in 'Classic Threads' started by spurspinter1, 30 Aug 2013.

1. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

As soon as the red card happened he came into the middle and took the game by the scruff of the neck a la Modric, very good game

2. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

basically when he was given space.

Modric MADE space.

3. africanspurs

africanspurs Justin Edinburgh

but his starting position, after the red card...when lennon came on...what was it?

who was on the left?

4. africanspurs

africanspurs Justin Edinburgh

help me out here...who was on the left drifting in..was it erisken , lamela or mason?

5. Kingdawson

Kingdawson Banned

hahahaha this is priceless.

Toa answer your question it's a whole lot of good. If you hadn't noticed, Capoue was the king of leaving gaping holes in the centre and literally giving the opposition a free run at goal. Dembele was very aware of his position and restricted them from doing anything worthwile through the centre.

6. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

no one

was more like this:

....................kane
    .................lamela......lennon
    .........................pualinho
    ............eriksen...mason.........

7. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

If we are going to rely on Dembele to replace Capoue, then it's gonna be a long season. I know what I saw, and that was a sh1t performance. To play in centre midfield and dwell on the ball and play stray passes isn't gonna help us much. Where was our new defensive kingpin for Livermore's goal, surely he was snuffing out the danger from his opposite number?

I will leave it there, there's no point in debating it when we will never agree. I think he's rubbish and played badly, the sooner he's gone the better.

8. Cochise

Cochise Steve Carr

Sorry KD, but I gotta agree with dza. Whilst Dembele got into the right positions today, he wasn't quick enough with his feet nor his mind to make the most of them. He almost got into trouble because of this.
    He was massively at fault for not tracking the run which led to Hugo making that great save. He did not cover the penalty spot and as a result we almost went two down.

Staying on topic, I thought Eriksen was very good today in both halves, especially when working through the centre off of Soldado. He and Mason together in a 433 might well be the answer.

9. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

It might be worth a go. Who would you put in there with them?

10. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

Stambouli for mobility, fight and defensive stability.

11. P.D.

P.D. Vedran Corluka

Wouldn't mind Stambouli being given a run, looks fairly tidy positionally and plays it simple which is what those 2 need to complement them.

12. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Christian Ziege

Thgis was the formation after Lennon came on in the 58th minute
    Kane Soldado
    Lamela Mason Eriksen Lennon
    Davies Vertonghen Fazio Chiriches
    Lloris​

After Paulinho came on it at the end it was
    Kane
    Lamela
    Mason Eriksen Paulinho Lennon
    Davies Vertonghen Fazio Chiriches
    Lloris​

13. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

Probably worth giving him a go. Capoue deserves to be dropped, I agree with Poch there. Dembele isn't the answer for me. So that leaves us with Bentaleb or Stambouli...unless we want to move Vertonghen. But then our centre-half options aren't great either, so I guess that would be out.

14. Cochise

Cochise Steve Carr

Seconded. He's mobile, but can also measure a good pass through to the front three.

15. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

Indeed...my problem with Eriksen is that he has the ability but needs to show more for the ball. I thought he hid in the first half and was afraid to try and make things tick. As noted, the moment Azza came on, Lamela went left and Hull were down to 10, he had the space to move from deeper positions, but I think he could do this against 11. It requires a holding midfielder of course, and not Capoue, but he remains a frustrating and mercurial talent.

Two moments from him = two goals. I think he can run these games at a canter if he can find the mentality and a bit more fortitude...

16. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Ian Walker

While Dembele wasn't brilliant today he was still somewhere between a billion and a squillion times better than Capoue by name Capoue by nature.

17. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Christian Ziege

Modric has a burst of pace that can make space for himself. Dembele can do the same thing.
    Eriksen doesnt have any sort of acceleration.

18. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

yeah im not disagreeing. Maybe against 10 men we can play him there.. i mean even against 10 men of villa we played Lamela centre mid because he got more space.

19. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Jimmy Cantrell

I think he's our best outfield player. Always looks the most likely to nick a goal from nowhere along with Chadli. Heard a stat that only Yaya Toure and Gerrard have scored more goals from midfield in 2014.

20. Rorschach

Rorschach Vivian Woodward

Brilliant second half performance. He looked a bit overawed with the pressing and physicality of Hull in the first half, but the second half with the extra time and space he was afforded was a real confidence booster. He needed that I think considering the bad press he has been getting.

Our best payer today.