1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Christian Eriksen

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by NickTB, 30 Aug 2020.

1. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Steve Sedgley

We all know with Eriksen his ability isn’t in doubt
    Looking at the inter side he is IMO the best player there too but clearly he hasn’t settled yet and conte has others ahead of him for his own reasons
    I do think players think the grass is greener too often and especially so when leaving Tottenham as despite our poor recent history of trophy wins we are still a massive club, with fans who can be more tolerant than some (not always) and a lower expectation in reality. That makes life easier for some players

Robbo and Baleforce like this.
  2. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Steve Sedgley

IMO he is technically good enough for the very best teams but he hasn’t shown it in his mind set, hence why he didn’t get the suitors he wanted
    Also add in the lack of funds at Barca and Madrid at the time and he was stuck. Inter after us IMO was a step down (sure people will crow about their history) and a mid season move is always tough

Baleforce likes this.
  3. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Gerry Armstrong

I haven’t seen a reputable source state that Inter want to sell him, and even that wouldn’t go anywhere near something considered evidence, I’ve been around for a few transfer windows to not take media too serious, even if it would suit my agenda.

Clubs don’t sell players they’ve just given big signing on fees to during the January transfer market. Happy to put my head above the parapet, he’s going nowhere unless something crazy happens. The key point there is, it would show some major unjoined thinking between board and manager which would be a tough fix for Inter..

Kandi1977 likes this.
  4. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Gerry Armstrong

This post is more than reasonable!!! I’m just not a big fan of people painting the move out as a massive failure, odds on his form will come back and if not he will still have probably earned more money and most likely won more trophies than he would have here at the end of the day.

He really was what knitted things together for a long time so it makes sense there is bitterness directed towards him. People should show more gratitude for what he gave to the club but this adolescent style shaudenfraude (sp) is pretty weak.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

5. MKSpur

MKSpur Simon Davies

I think someone else mentioned it, there are shades of Keane’s return from Liverpool, except Keane wasn’t showing signs of a decline in form before he went. I’m also reminded of how Sanchez struggled at Goons when he wanted to leave and the move to United was expected to invigorate him but he just continued the trajectory.
    If Mourinho was keen, as he seemed to be in terms of trying to talk him around to signing a new deal when he first signed then maybe a loan mitigates the risk. It does seem a little early for Inter to be writing off a player who’s not even had a pre season by the manager who signed him, I’d suggest a personality clash but it’s not clear Eriksen really has one.

spurs' magna carter likes this.
  6. Raziel

Raziel Jimmy Neighbour

He's broken, too much asked, too much running, now has made it to two European finals in a row .. nothing .. it's not motivation, it's almost like he's lost his love for the game ...

I have uttermost respect for the good Eriksen, but he looks like one of those Torres/Sanchez/etc. that have just become a shadow of the player that was

Funny, he obviously still has some affection for us, recent comments by PEH said Eriksen convinced him to come to Spurs ..

afsoc4life and MKSpur like this.
  7. parklane1

parklane1 Les Howe

Well we can live in hope, i can not see it happening sad to say. i can not agree more with what you have said he was a terrific player for us.

8. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Nick Barmby

Never go back.
    Doesn't matter if its Eriksen, bale or even poch, I firmly believe in never going back.
    Seldom works.

afsoc4life likes this.
  9. Baleforce

Baleforce Fanny Walden

depends on how he said it, if his argument was that we pay good wages, let you coast, and are happy with you not hitting your numbers after a couple of good seasons, I’m not so sure

10. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Paul Robinson

You more of a front man?

Rorschach likes this.