• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I’d have him back if his what is right
Hasn’t been for 2 years now which is a shame

I think saying two years is a bit of a stretch, he really has done been given much of a chance from Conte. He was poor here the last season but he was not the only one.

I think because he was such a important player for us when we were flying his downturn in form was more noticible then from our other players.

I think saying two years is a bit of a stretch, he really has done been given much of a chance from Conte. He was poor here the last season but he was not the only one.

I think because he was such a important player for us when we were flying his downturn in form was more noticible then from our other players.
His down turn coincided when he made his mind up to leave... that’s what’s hurt his career

His down turn coincided when he made his mind up to leave... that’s what’s hurt his career

Not really dismissing that at all, but it did coincide with the whole team going to brick. So was he that important a player or was it because the rest of the team ( or most of them) seemed to down tools?. I know which one i believe.

Not really dismissing that at all, but it did coincide with the whole team going to brick. So was he that important a player or was it because the rest of the team ( or most of them) seemed to down tools?. I know which one i believe.
He was the key IMO
He was the glue for that creative side and him at 80% had a massive effect on our ability to deliver. As I’ve said the guy is WC. You see it at city when they lose De Bruyne, their just not as good

He was the key IMO
He was the glue for that creative side and him at 80% had a massive effect on our ability to deliver. As I’ve said the guy is WC. You see it at city when they lose De Bruyne, their just not as good
When we struggled to break teams down under Poch it was visible to me that players really looked to him to set the tempo and kept passing to him to make something happen. Maybe more the lubricant to get the most out of the other moving parts.

His decline seemed to be a mental one which coincided with the uncertainty of his future.
In this set up, with us seeing less of the ball would there be even more pressure to him to deliver a higher % of chances from the amount of possession we have, mostly through balls to Son? I always felt his pressing was great for ground covered stats, which was more about cutting out options rather than actually winning the ball. If we were winning 1-0 you’d think he’d get hooked on 70 too.
As much as I love a technical player in possession I can only see us going for a more physical midfielder. Given his form if we were looking I’d sincerely hope it was a loan.

Reports emerging that Jose wants him back.. Don't see it myself. He's not defensively aware or capable.
No, but if Jose could get him fit and firing again, he will always do more than his share of pressing. Too many criticise his lack of physicality in the tackle, but no one usually works harder to frustrate opponents and/or induce mistakes that can lead to us regaining possession.

In our present predicament we could really use someone who can not only convert defence into attack with a clever outball, but also create more scoring chances at the other end.

The question is, would we get the Eriksen of a couple of season ago or his ineffective, depression-wracked brother?

No, but if Jose could get him fit and firing again, he will always do more than his share of pressing. Too many criticise his lack of physicality in the tackle, but no one usually works harder to frustrate opponents and/or induce mistakes that can lead to us regaining possession.

In our present predicament we could really use someone who can not only convert defence into attack with a clever outball, but also create more scoring chances at the other end.

The question is, would we get the Eriksen of a couple of season ago or his ineffective, depression-wracked brother?

I was being facetious. I mostly agree with what you say.

Reports emerging that Jose wants him back.. Don't see it myself. He's not defensively aware or capable.

I dunno about that. He's not a tackler for sure but I always remember the game at Bournemouth when we were down to 9 a few years back. Him and Alli produced a very disciplined and very defensively aware performance. If we're talking football intelligence, I think Eriksen has it by the truckload. It's whether he still has the will.

At this point, I'd love him back but I'm not sure if that's the head of the heart speaking.

I dunno about that. He's not a tackler for sure but I always remember the game at Bournemouth when we were down to 9 a few years back. Him and Alli produced a very disciplined and very defensively aware performance. If we're talking football intelligence, I think Eriksen has it by the truckload. It's whether he still has the will.

At this point, I'd love him back but I'm not sure if that's the head of the heart speaking.

The amount of work ( closing down, working the angles, closing down space) that he did for us was first class. As you say he is not a tackler but some of the great defenders/ midfielders over the years never had to go to the ground in tackles because they see the danger before it arrives. Ericksen did that for us.

That's just plain wrong! He's brilliant at nicking the ball from the opposition players high up the field, his positioning is very good, and his work rate is phenomenal.
Not lunging into headless tackles is not the same as not being able to defend.

I'd have him back. Both he and Bale seems turned off, but where Christian appears to be a guy who slowly realizes he's not getting any supper, Bale looks full and only staying for dessert. Although he says the "right things", we only look like a very well paid hobby. I prefer the former, who for most of his career here was the best ball distributor I've ever seen at Spurs, bar Modric. Which is exactly what we need right now, as we seem completely unable to move the ball from defense to attack in a proper fashion. Quick breaks excepted.

Why? He was pretty poor for quite a while before he left us.

That may have been because he wanted out - in which case, thanks for everything he did (which didn’t include helping to get us over the line for a trophy) but cheerio.

If it was down to loss of form, it doesn’t seem to have improved at Inter - so why do we want him?

Because for most of the time he was one of our best players, he like everyone else had a brick last season and we have never replaced his creativity despite bringing is several players into our M/F. But Stop! Hammer time and always will be.

I tend to subscribe to the never go back school, but if he feels he has something to prove he could be motivated to be back to his best. Or it could just be wishful thinking in his mind, a dying of the light. That's why managers get paid the big bucks. A great player with a point to prove or one past his best?

Back