• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

CB Worries

I know there are some who do not really rate Dier but i do think he will play a lot under Jose, what we need to do is find a partner for him. Toby has been a great player for us but its plain to see IMO that he his struggling for not only pace but he is also get caught of position far more often. Sanchez is still not very consistent( good games, poor games).

Not to worried about not getting one in this time, i still think Tanganga could be a very good player going forward and Davies has played CB for Wales a lot and always done well there.

If Jose is truly the coach his rep saus he is, we'll have enough CBs to get us top 4.
Perhaps a truly world class CB might give us a title push, but tbh at this point there's enough for him to with.

Imo, another more defensive midfielder would be much more pressing because without Hojbjerg we are more unsteady in all ways and the defence suffers the most..

If Jose is truly the coach his rep saus he is, we'll have enough CBs to get us top 4.
Perhaps a truly world class CB might give us a title push, but tbh at this point there's enough for him to with.

Imo, another more defensive midfielder would be much more pressing because without Hojbjerg we are more unsteady in all ways and the defence suffers the most..
I agree
If we buy in January another CM is key
We have a potential problem there

I agree
If we buy in January another CM is key
We have a potential problem there

Agree
PEH is really looking like a massive miss if he can't play.

I think another CM that can negate the impact of PEH not being there is now more important than a CH as we have 2 CH with potential, I'm not saying they'll step up, but they have to be given a chance and that chance is better for them with good protection in front. If one comes good it might save us 30/40m in Jan/summer.

Ideally we'd like to see PEH Ndombele Lo Celso BUT with form and fitness of the latter two being far from secure, someone who can compliment PEH and play with one of them would be a godsend. And I'm talking an upgrade on Winks or Sissoko. Perhaps an older head if Skipp comes back next season?

Agree
PEH is really looking like a massive miss if he can't play.

I think another CM that can negate the impact of PEH not being there is now more important than a CH as we have 2 CH with potential, I'm not saying they'll step up, but they have to be given a chance and that chance is better for them with good protection in front. If one comes good it might save us 30/40m in Jan/summer.

Ideally we'd like to see PEH Ndombele Lo Celso BUT with form and fitness of the latter two being far from secure, someone who can compliment PEH and play with one of them would be a godsend. And I'm talking an upgrade on Winks or Sissoko. Perhaps an older head if Skipp comes back next season?
I think we need to get cover for and replace sissoko as I can see skipp being the cover for PEH

I think we need to get cover for and replace sissoko as I can see skipp being the cover for PEH

Do we need to replace Sissoko? Without him next season we'd have:

- PEH, with Skipp being his deputy
- GLC, with Winks being his deputy
- Ndombele, with Dele being his deputy

I'm not sure we need a 7th player given we're play 4-3-3 at the moment, though I'd probably replace Dele with someone who plays more as a CM rather than a no 10. If you replace Dele in the above list with someone like another PEH then I think we're fine

Do we need to replace Sissoko? Without him next season we'd have:

- PEH, with Skipp being his deputy
- GLC, with Winks being his deputy
- Ndombele, with Dele being his deputy

I'm not sure we need a 7th player given we're play 4-3-3 at the moment, though I'd probably replace Dele with someone who plays more as a CM rather than a no 10. If you replace Dele in the above list with someone like another PEH then I think we're fine
I think is glc or Tanguy myself
Peh or winks
Sissoko or nice one of the others
And next year Skipp will take winks place
I don’t see dele ever working in a 3
I’m not saying get rid of sissoko, just planning for his age abs contract

Back