• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carlyle takeover, was Cain Hoy takeover

or exactly as you say, you do what City do, get another company owned by the same bloke to overpay sponsorship

or get another club owned by the same guy to pay your players wages from another country

they'll always be ways around it
I don't think dodgy sponsorship is a realistic option. City got pulled up on that, as did PSG.

I agree that there is little chance of an asset stripper taking over but also feel a leveraged take over is unlikely. Re the man u example they had a far higher income than us and we need to spend a ****load on the new stadium to make any consortium's investment profitable something they didn't have to contend with. The most likely option is for new owners with sufficient money available to fully fund the stadium. Speculate to accumulate and all that!
I can't see an owner paying for the stadium out of their own pocket, it is far more likely that it will be paid for by a loan and the club pay the loan off.

Re: Cain Hoy takeover

If you have a business and you release a ground breaking product you don't sell out the moment you release it. You sell it once the product is stable and making mega bucks, after all that is when the product is enriching the company name.

I don't think anyones saying 'qucik buck'. Tottenham Hotspur is a long term project and I think Levy and Lewis knew that when they took it on. But clearly they will sell if we ever become Champions League regulars. The new stadium though I believe is the thing they really want to increase our market value. I don't dislike Enic at all, I actually like how they run us. But they certainly aren't here for charitable endeavours. They see us as a tool to make money out of, which is fair enough
. The only debatable part is if whether different methods would have granted us and theirs wishes sooner.

I fundamentally disagree, I really don't think buying an investment for 13 years, spending the money on the training facilities, buying all the property around the ground (the scale of the WHL area redevelopment) in any way makes sense for someone "purely" in it for the money/investment (I promise you, Levy could make better use of the money spent with Spurs and getter a better return).

Is ENIC a business? = absolutely, and a very well run one
Is it fair to portray them as some kind of profit mongers off of Spurs = I have to say no, not only does the actions say different, the business logic contradicts their actions if that was the case.

Re: Cain Hoy takeover

I fundamentally disagree, I really don't think buying an investment for 13 years, spending the money on the training facilities, buying all the property around the ground (the scale of the WHL area redevelopment) in any way makes sense for someone "purely" in it for the money/investment (I promise you, Levy could make better use of the money spent with Spurs and getter a better return).

Is ENIC a business? = absolutely, and a very well run one
Is it fair to portray them as some kind of profit mongers off of Spurs = I have to say no, not only does the actions say different, the business logic contradicts their actions if that was the case.

Really? It looks like they will walk away with at least five times what they have put in, possibly more once property deals are taken into account.

First time out. The penalties increase if clubs continue to not meet FFP.

Yep, but as Chelsea have shown, once you have a structure in place it's easier to level down to within the rules than it is to level up being constantly in the rules.

Yep, but as Chelsea have shown, once you have a structure in place it's easier to level down to within the rules than it is to level up being constantly in the rules.
Chelsea have stopped spending as much and are only in profit because of player sales. The infrastructure and funding is not in place for them to spend like they did in Mourinho's first spell.

Chelsea have stopped spending as much and are only in profit because of player sales. The infrastructure and funding is not in place for them to spend like they did in Mourinho's first spell.

I agree, but that helped get them to where they are now.

It's better to be in the tent ****ing out...

I agree, but that helped get them to where they are now.

It's better to be in the tent ****ing out...
Yes but the route that they took now would result in plenty of fines, transfer restrictions and probable exclusion from European competition. That doesn't make it impossible to repeat but it certainly makes it harder.

I agree, it's last orders and we are in the jacks holding our dingdongs, there's a fight at the bar whilst City and Chelsea are at home perusing their single malt collection.

Yes but the route that they took now would result in plenty of fines, transfer restrictions and probable exclusion from European competition. That doesn't make it impossible to repeat but it certainly makes it harder.

To a new buyer, it will be easy enough to bend the rules

Especially with Spurs as IIRC Stadium investments don't count against FPP.

New Stadium, shady sponsorship deal, "sold out" corporate boxes, etc. you could put as money in as you want if you are smart about it.

I have absolutely zero faith that any footballing body be it UEFA, the FA or the PL will enforce FFP.

The conduct of FIFA is enough to suggest that you can do whatever you want as long as they receive enough coin.

To a new buyer, it will be easy enough to bend the rules

Especially with Spurs as IIRC Stadium investments don't count against FPP.

New Stadium, shady sponsorship deal, "sold out" corporate boxes, etc. you could put as money in as you want if you are smart about it.

FFP at the very least makes it more risky/difficult and more expensive. If you have to swallow the kind of fine City got that's significant and essentially means that new owners would only actually get a portion of what they spend put into the club.

More important is the fact that new owners would have to spend a ****load of money just to get us to parity with City, Chelsea (and United when/if they rebound). No guaranteed titles, not even guaranteed CL football for quite a few years. As we've seen recently investors have gone for clubs in other leagues, Malaga, PSG, Monaco, Anzhi etc instead of PL clubs. Some of those have worked out, others not so much, but none of them have gone for PL clubs. I think that's worth noting.

I don't think it's likely that a Chelsea/City story is on our horizon if Lewis sells out at this point.

FFP at the very least makes it more risky/difficult and more expensive. If you have to swallow the kind of fine City got that's significant and essentially means that new owners would only actually get a portion of what they spend put into the club.

More important is the fact that new owners would have to spend a ****load of money just to get us to parity with City, Chelsea (and United when/if they rebound). No guaranteed titles, not even guaranteed CL football for quite a few years. As we've seen recently investors have gone for clubs in other leagues, Malaga, PSG, Monaco, Anzhi etc instead of PL clubs. Some of those have worked out, others not so much, but none of them have gone for PL clubs. I think that's worth noting.

I don't think it's likely that a Chelsea/City story is on our horizon if Lewis sells out at this point.

I don't either, just making the point its not impossible

The logical next option would be what we are seeing hints of

- investment (partial/full) from a US based company
- similar net spend to ENIC, possibly some financing of stadium as part of purchase
- Heaver marketing/merchandising on the US market (trying to monetize a less developed/milked fan base)

I don't either, just making the point its not impossible

The logical next option would be what we are seeing hints of

- investment (partial/full) from a US based company
- similar net spend to ENIC, possibly some financing of stadium as part of purchase
- Heaver marketing/merchandising on the US market (trying to monetize a less developed/milked fan base)

I would much rather see that happen with ENIC/Lewis/Levy than with some (so far) unknown entity that might also be the next Hicks&Gillett/Glazers/whatevers.

I would much rather see that happen with ENIC/Lewis/Levy than with some (so far) unknown entity that might also be the next Hicks&Gillett/Glazers/whatevers.

Mate, I have no problem with Levy/ENIC

The one real **** up for me with Levy has been his obsession with finding this miracle manager with a tactics/system (Ramos/AVB/Poch) at the expense of the value of experience.

Back