• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

CANCELLED ***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Leyton Orient***

Had a inkling this would happen - they were probably waiting to hear if Barnsley fluked it through, who would’ve been infinitely more accommodating to us than the Chavs on a date / timescale that worked for us. Given it’s the latter, we probably had agreement with Orient on the bye should Barnsley have been beaten.

Just my opinion mind...

Manager, ashen-faced Ron Knee, remains tight-lipped on the matter.

Pevsner's toupee has had minor surgery, and is expected to return to action by christmas.

Supporters Sid & Doris Bonkers have been given ASBOs for throwing fireworks.

Meanwhile Spurs Manager Jose Mourhino's post-match interview left reporters open-mouthed when he revealed his (cont'd post 94)

I'm surprised it's even allowed for a team to play another that isn't in the football bubble and getting tested regularly, surely that's asking for trouble. I mean but for us paying for testing most of our squad would be infected now.

Pl Clubs should have insisted on it in order to participate.
I see from that ES article that Hull and Barnsley turned down the offer for paid-for testing from West Ham and Chelsea.
They need to get something better in place for the FA Cup, assuming football is still being played when the PL clubs join.

Pl Clubs should have insisted on it in order to participate.
I see from that ES article that Hull and Barnsley turned down the offer for paid-for testing from West Ham and Chelsea.
They need to get something better in place for the FA Cup, assuming football is still being played when the PL clubs join.

Odd to turn down free testing, surely thats because they're worried about this type of situation and losing money rather than people health and spreading it.

Odd to turn down free testing, surely thats because they're worried about this type of situation and losing money rather than people health and spreading it.
Yes, seems unfair Orient lose £ for taking what I now see as an optional preventive measure. I’d assumed all pro football would be testing regularly.

same bloke as the twitter

Dan Kilpatrick and Evening Standard (as well as Alasdair Gold) are usually pretty reliable sources - none of the sensationalist nonsense that the rest of the media perpetuates anyway.

I think it probably makes sense for all the decision makers in this issue to keep their heads down until our fate in Europa League is known tonight.

I've said before that when this ridiculous but somewhat unavoidable schedule was put together we should have been given an agreement by PL that had we progressed to both europa and carabao cup games this week we should have had the option to postpone the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game as that has the least disruption - after all both City and United were given dispensation for the opening PL games and have exactly the same european commitments once group stages kick in until February.

Of course as it turns out the Orient postponement/cancellation wouldn't have helped really.

So assuming we're given a bye, presumably its too late notice for us to play Chelsea next Tuesday? Therefore we'll have to play them the same week as we and they play European group stage games in a few weeks time

So assuming we're given a bye, presumably its too late notice for us to play Chelsea next Tuesday? Therefore we'll have to play them the same week as we and they play European group stage games in a few weeks time
Why do you say it will be too late?

BBC are still showing both of us in the draw:

Posted at 21:4521:45
Fourth-round draw
Here's how the fourth round shapes up after the completion of tonight's ties.

• Liverpool v Arsenal
  • Burnley v Emirates Marketing Project
  • Brentford v Fulham
  • Everton v West Ham
  • Aston Villa v Stoke City
  • Leyton Orient/Tottenham v Chelsea
  • Newport County v Saudi Sportswashing Machine
  • Brighton v Manchester United

Leyton Orient owner's key admission on Tottenham cup tie with decision expected

Leyton Orient owner Nigel Travis does not believe the EFL will allow the club to reschedule their Carabao Cup clash with Tottenham.

".. to answer the question 'do I think the EFL will let us play the game?' I think the answer is 'no' and we have also made clear the fact we would have made £150,000 profit which is £125,000 from the Sky game and £25,000 from additional advertising because the game was being broadcast around the world and not just on Sky."

Why do you say it will be too late?

I’m sure there’s a tonne of logistics needed to put on a game, even though much reduced given no crowds. Getting tv coverage arranged, sorting out match officials, need some sort of emergency or medical services I guess, probably need some sort of police presence in case people gather outside the ground, not to mention us just having the time and sufficient notice to prepare for it. I can’t see how we just decide on a Friday that we’re going to play on Tuesday- if it was that easy and obvious we’d have agreed it two days ago

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Bye bye Orient, Orient bye bye.

EFL have confirmed we have a bye and play Cheatski

11:03
BREAKINGTottenham awarded EFL Cup bye
Tottenham have been awarded a bye into the next round of Carabao Cup after Leyton Orient's failure to fulfil their third round tie.

The game on Tuesday was postponed just hours before kick-off after a number of O's players tested positive for coronavirus.

Spurs will now host Chelsea in the fourth round next week.​

I wish the game against Chelsea had been pushed back a week. It is going to be a tough game and it is a step up in level of opposition in Europe a couple of days later.

Back