• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cameron Carter Vickers

Talked about very frequently in the youngsters thread. One of the highest rated young players we have going by what people who do watch the u18 and u21 games are saying, including windycoys iirc. Only 17, but has been playing regularly at the u21 development level for a while now I think. Looked excellent in the FA youth cup game against Chelsea last week, and looked at least good in the u21 game against Chelsea a month or so back.

Has appearances for the US at the u23 level, which is a bit special (can still chose to play for England I think). Seems to have a good combination of a bit of everything a centre back needs, but of course there's a big step up.

It's very rare to see central defenders break through at our level before the age of 19 at least. Going by that he's still a couple of years away from being considered for the first team. Perhaps a loan deal in his not too distant future though.

Talked about very frequently in the youngsters thread. One of the highest rated young players we have going by what people who do watch the u18 and u21 games are saying, including windycoys iirc. Only 17, but has been playing regularly at the u21 development level for a while now I think. Looked excellent in the FA youth cup game against Chelsea last week, and looked at least good in the u21 game against Chelsea a month or so back.

Has appearances for the US at the u23 level, which is a bit special (can still chose to play for England I think). Seems to have a good combination of a bit of everything a centre back needs, but of course there's a big step up.

It's very rare to see central defenders break through at our level before the age of 19 at least. Going by that he's still a couple of years away from being considered for the first team. Perhaps a loan deal in his not too distant future though.

Thank you for the info :) . Sounds very promising indeed, and it's like you say , you rarely see so young defenders play with the big boys . So we may have half of the future defence for the USA on our hands :p .

I can only picture him and Dier as our CB's in the future , that would be awesome :) . But still just a kid , but nice to see we have a CB gem on our hands :)

The type of player that i'm sure Levy would love! Homegrown so hasn't cost us a fee. Also can count towards homegrown quota in the squads. But could play for the USA and help us exploit that market commercially...

He needs a growth spurt as he is currently only about 5,10. He is big and strong i just pray he gets a late spurt - 1st team football at any level is a different beast to any youth football (ESP for centre halves).

I read somewhere his dad is 6,6 so fingers crossed for a bit of growth!

That website is full of wannabe joruno's who rehash news stories from across the net or make bold predictions based on nothing more than their opinion. The lad is a decent talent, but I'd imagine him being at least 2 years off getting into the first team squad and that's at a push as he'll likely get some loan moves in before he turns 21.

I've only seen him a handful of times but the thing that impresses me most is his ability to read the game. He looks older than he is because he regularly intercepts passes and has a knack of being in the right place at the right time when crosses are thrown into the box. As others on here have said though, he's short for a CB and ideally needs to grow a bit if he's going to hold that position in the future.

He needs a growth spurt as he is currently only about 5,10. He is big and strong i just pray he gets a late spurt - 1st team football at any level is a different beast to any youth football (ESP for centre halves).

I read somewhere his dad is 6,6 so fingers crossed for a bit of growth!
Where did you see that he's only 5'10''? Looks bigger than that

His father, Howard Carter, is a 6-foot-5-inch, two-time All-American guard who led Louisiana State University to the Final Four in 1981 before playing professional basketball overseas.

Young Cameron stands at 6 feet and weighs approximately 194 pounds

Jesus , he just turned 17 (31 december) , big guy for his age :D .

He isn't 6ft 1. I can guarantee that - Onomah is about 6ft and clearly taller.. Most youth team heights and weights are not correct.

That website is full of wannabe joruno's who rehash news stories from across the net or make bold predictions based on nothing more than their opinion. The lad is a decent talent, but I'd imagine him being at least 2 years off getting into the first team squad and that's at a push as he'll likely get some loan moves in before he turns 21.

I've only seen him a handful of times but the thing that impresses me most is his ability to read the game. He looks older than he is because he regularly intercepts passes and has a knack of being in the right place at the right time when crosses are thrown into the box. As others on here have said though, he's short for a CB and ideally needs to grow a bit if he's going to hold that position in the future.

The interesting part isn't the article in itself, it's the quotes.

Must be a great time to be a CB in our academy etc. King and Ehiogu were great defenders, imagine having that level of expertise available to call on.

Back