• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Calling all Heavy Metal Fans

Firstly, wasn't sure if this should go in the music thread, if so, then please move. Anyways........

Aside from tearing my hair out watching Spurs week in week out, I also play bass in a Thrash Metal band called Apache Gunship. After a bit of a hiatus, we recently headed back into the studio to record the first of a few new songs. This one is called 'After'.

Here's the link to it:

http://apachegunship.bandcamp.com/track/after

Thoughts, criticisms, abuse very welcome.

There's also another older track 'Unleash' up there (click on the right hand side).

If you like, please join us on Facebook, twitter etc etc

http://www.facebook.com/apachegunship

Twitter: @apachegunshipni

Farking ace that, bass is ****e though, all over the place \o/

But seriously, good stuff but I'd like rougher vocals. More WWWOOOOARARRRRHRHHGGGGHHH.

nice, very tight, conversely i'd say less of the rougher vocals would suit my taste

We toyed with the idea of taking them out completely, in fact I pushed it a fair bit (concerned that we might come across as one of these 'Metalcore' bands screamy verses, singy choruses deal) but the signer stood strong, I'm glad he did now though because it sounds well recorded.

The upcoming songs have less of it in, but I don't think we'll ever remove it completely.

Very rarely do i listen to metal these days and like it straight away. But I liked this almost as soon as it kicked in. Its heavy but with a nicely constructed rhythmn to it. I like the Vocals although i would say it gets a little strained on the long notes.

Reminds me a little of Bullet crossed with Killswitch Engage. But only a little and certainly stands on its own as its own sound.

Very rarely do i listen to metal these days and like it straight away. But I liked this almost as soon as it kicked in. Its heavy but with a nicely constructed rhythmn to it. I like the Vocals although i would say it gets a little strained on the long notes.

Reminds me a little of Bullet crossed with Killswitch Engage. But only a little and certainly stands on its own as its own sound.

Thanks for the comments mate. Can't say that Bullet or Killswitch are bands any of us would regularly listen to, but as soon as the singer sang the chorus melody to me for the first time it reminded me of Killswitch too so I agree with you there.

Back