1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Buying a house

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by Notmegov, 21 Nov 2018.

1. Notmegov

Notmegov Tim Sherwood

Look at putting a offer in for a house, it looks like the guy has been made bankrupt and i would like to know who i am trying to buy the house from.

Any body any good with legal jargon and can take a look at the deeds for me?

COYS

2. ShipOfTheseus

ShipOfTheseus Gudni Bergsson

Are you doing your own conveyancing? It doesn’t sound advisable in the circumstances. Think you want a real lawyer.

3. Notmegov

Notmegov Tim Sherwood

Oh GHod no! I am just having a good research about the property before hand. Its a unfinished refurb and extension so i just wont as much info as possible before i put a offer in.

4. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Jack Jull

For a couple of quid can probably look up the legal owner on the Land Registry.

5. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Johnny Morrison

Search online at the land registry for title deeds and title name. This will give you details of any covenant s or restrictions on the property.

If he's having/had work done check on the website of the local council for planning applications and/or building regs notifications.

6. Notmegov

Notmegov Tim Sherwood

I have the land registery documents, but i am struggling to make sense of the amount of charges and proprietorship listing there are.

7. Notmegov

Notmegov Tim Sherwood

Thank you, have looked at lots of the documents and the work he has done so far has all be signed off. Its just the land registry documents i am struggling to get my head around.

8. milo

milo Bert Bliss Staff Member

The charges would need to be discharged before the title could be transferred. You would presume from the proceeds of the sale. Your solicitor should be able to get assurance on this from the vendor's solicitor.

Happy to have a look at them, if that would be helpful.

Notmegov and ricky2tricky4city like this.
  9. Notmegov

Notmegov Tim Sherwood

Thank you.