• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

Looks a tidy player. Moving on some of our players that have been here a long time is a smart move too. Looks difficult to sell at the moment, so using them as make weights in a deal makes sense.

Wary of players that only get their dribbling ability talked up.

Why? Clearly can pass and beat a man. You wouldn't question a player like Modric even though he rarely scored. I'm always intrigued by players who can operate deeper to breakthrough a regimented midfield, as well as setup scoring chances around the box. Moreover, it is good to see us linked to up and coming players again. We lost some of our spark under Poch. A combination of the stadium costs, and whatever else, meant we stopped buying these sorts of players who have been taken by the likes of Lecister. Good to see us back looking at players with high levels of skill and potential.

This player may have bags of potential but we should be looking to sign players who will make an immediate impact, we cant afford to drop back in to the chasing pack. I know it's not easy but this is a critical point in our development and we must have a team capable to getting in top 4.

Why? Clearly can pass and beat a man. You wouldn't question a player like Modric even though he rarely scored. I'm always intrigued by players who can operate deeper to breakthrough a regimented midfield, as well as setup scoring chances around the box. Moreover, it is good to see us linked to up and coming players again. We lost some of our spark under Poch. A combination of the stadium costs, and whatever else, meant we stopped buying these sorts of players who have been taken by the likes of Lecister. Good to see us back looking at players with high levels of skill and potential.

Not sure the relevance of bringing Modric in to the discussion - he was a deep player/play maker who done everything but score to a 9/10 standard - if this guy is as similarly talented across the park then great no worries, let's see/hear some examples of it - otherwise I'm wary.

Reactions: DTA
This player may have bags of potential but we should be looking to sign players who will make an immediate impact, we cant afford to drop back in to the chasing pack. I know it's not easy but this is a critical point in our development and we must have a team capable to getting in top 4.
I don't think we're going to challenge this season, better to rebuild for next?

I don’t think I’ve seen a more one-footed player than Lamela in my whole life. At first it was charming, but now? It’s frustrates the hell out of me and think it significantly hampers us whenever he plays. Probably some confirmation bias in there, but still…
Nah he is so one footed he is easy to defend against

We cant sign players in their prime, so either need to buy young and hope they settle/develop/improve or buy old (over 30s) but accept we're not building anything. The former seems right to me

Dude plays on the left, don't we already have Son and even Sessegnon there? Hopefully we will get those 2 CBs, RB, RW and ST we NEED...
Like Bale played on the left?

Edit: coming at you with respect, loved our Ilie, Gica and ended up marrying a Romanian!

Last edited:
I really like that this has just materialised without days of ITK fanfare and seems ready to be tied up within hours.

I understand what you're saying and agree we are not going to be challenging for title but we should be pushing for top 4, the longer we fail to get back there the harder it will get back.

I understand what people are saying about building for the future - and I’m all for it. But to use the equivalent of 30-35….that’s steep.

Like Bale played on the left?

Edit: coming at you with respect, loved our Ilie, Gica and ended up marrying a Romanian!
Don't get me wrong, I like this transfer, young, promising but Bale was an exception, an anomaly. We can't just remain at RW with Berwijjn(who had such an awful season last time around, that I would only keep him if we tried with 3 CBs' if not sell at a loss) and an out of position 20yo.
Edit: nice

Looks like a player with plenty of potential - I’m sure we will coach that out of him

He is going to the Olympics so will be able to get a closer look.

maybe this summer will see a lot more movement than previously thought

Back