• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bruno Fernandes

I see that, but dont really agree.

I think if we're playing a 433 we need 3 proper attackers, so a son-kane-moura type thing.

And if thats the case, then already someones missing out in midfield before we even look at Fernandes.

Unless we can find a way to make a Lo Celso-NDombele double pivot work.

I think if we're playing a 433 we need 3 proper attackers, so a son-kane-moura type thing.

And if thats the case, then already someones missing out in midfield before we even look at Fernandes.

Alli is a proper attacker in my mind and can work alongside Son and Kane in a 3.

Ndombele and Lo Celso/Fernandes anchored by Dier/an upgrade is on paper a formidable 3 man midfield and should provide cover for defense and top quality lateral movement between the lines

Don’t forget the Lo Celso and Fernandez are 15 goal a season players too
And yeah maybe Dele misses out sometimes but that’s fine

Alli is a proper attacker in my mind and can work alongside Son and Kane in a 3.

Ndombele and Lo Celso/Fernandes anchored by Dier/an upgrade is on paper a formidable 3 man midfield and should provide cover for defense and top quality lateral movement between the lines
The problem with a 433 and Dele is he doesn't fit. You need two pacey dribblers, preferably ones who can either cut in on their stronger foot or can shoot from accute angles a la Bale.

Dele can play from the left but he isn't super effective there as he lacks the dribbling at pace. A genuine 433 needs the wider strikers to have both pace and dribbling as it is their task to isolate the the FB, beat them and cut in towards goal. Liverpool are the current perfect example, Son fits that template playing from the left less so from the right hand side.

Dele functions best centrally in that pocket of space behind the main striker, where of course he put the finishing touches to moves or can ghost onto late attacks. With Dele in the team and I think Jose will always want him on it we realistically will never have someone occupying the right hand as Son is best on the left and Fernandes also fits best more central.

The only way I could see this possibly happening is if Jose forces Lo Celso out to RWF which he has admittedly done mainly (a shame because I don't believe that makes the best use of his skillset), then Son on the left Dele off Kane and Fernandes and Ndomble in a pivot.

This I would contend would be quite the stretch for Jose unless he decides to tool Ndombele as the more positional player but hopes for the industry of him and Fernandes together making up for the obvious lack of a DM.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Yes but that's in Spain. Not going to get anywhere near that here!
De Bruyne has 7 this season so far and only 2 last season!
A much tougher league
Or arguably an easier league to score in as it’s less defensive. salah didn’t score as many in Italy as he does here for example, and Firmino has scored more too... as has Aguero
And yeah I know their top examples and you could argue the lad who wet spam signed Fornals who scored plants in Spain, but I’d argue that it’s because he isn’t that good and playing for a pub team

I wouldn’t expect Lo Celso or Fernandes to hit 15 goal a season here by the way but they would score plenty in the right set up

The problem with a 433 and Dele is he doesn't fit. You need two pacey dribblers, preferably ones who can either cut in on their stronger foot or can shoot from accute angles a la Bale.

Dele can play from the left but he isn't super effective there as he lacks the dribbling at pace. A genuine 433 needs the wider strikers to have both pace and dribbling as it is their task to isolate the the FB, beat them and cut in towards goal. Liverpool are the current perfect example, Son fits that template playing from the left less so from the right hand side.

Dele functions best centrally in that pocket of space behind the main striker, where of course he put the finishing touches to moves or can ghost onto late attacks. With Dele in the team and I think Jose will always want him on it we realistically will never have someone occupying the right hand as Son is best on the left and Fernandes also fits best more central.

The only way I could see this possibly happening is if Jose forces Lo Celso out to RWF which he has admittedly done mainly (a shame because I don't believe that makes the best use of his skillset), then Son on the left Dele off Kane and Fernandes and Ndomble in a pivot.

This I would contend would be quite the stretch for Jose unless he decides to tool Ndombele as the more positional player but hopes for the industry of him and Fernandes together making up for the obvious lack of a DM.

Dele will need to adapt his game or he may fall behind
Jose will IMO do the best thing for the team as that’s what Jose is judged on

Dele will go this summer if Jose plays him deeper.
We are idiots if we let this happen.
Jose had him in the best posision and then started playing silly buggers.
A definite a worrying Mourinho move.

I dont want the likes of Fernandes or GLC in the team at the expense of going for top talent like Grealish, as an example.

GLC is fine and could do a good job for us. Lamela looks like beast by comparison though.
GLC looks like an Arsenal player.;) good but not all there. Early days I know.
Definitely is a 'Carlos kickaball'.

Last edited:

I guess it depends on how highly he rates Dele. Before he joined us if there was one player I would have said fitted Jose's model it would have been Dele. I'm hoping he does try other things because as good as Dele is, he isn't untouchable in that position at all for me.

Dele will go this summer if Jose plays him deeper.
We are idiots if we let this happen.
Jose had him in the best posision and then started playing silly buggers.
A definite a worrying Mourinho move.

I dont want the likes of Fernandes or GLC in the team at the expense of going for top talent like Grealish, as an example.

GLC is fine and could do a good job for us. Lamela looks like beast by comparison though.
GLC looks like an Arsenal player.

You write as if to presume that Grealish is a bigger talent than either GLC or Fernandes...that is highly highly debatable.

You write as if to presume that Grealish is a bigger talent than either GLC or Fernandes...that is highly highly debatable.

Go watch him!
Best player in his position in the EPL ATM.
Some are raving about Maddison and hes good, but I'm shocked we missed out on Grealish who is a great player IMHO.

I can see him at either Manchester team or even Pool.

Go watch him!
Best player in his position in the EPL ATM.
Some are raving about Maddison and hes good, but I'm shocked we missed out on Grealish who is a great player IMHO.

I can see him at either Manchester team or even Pool.
I have watched him, I just don't rate him as highly as you clearly do.

If you base your formation on that particular style sure he doesn't fit, but an interchanging front 3 of Kane Son Dele can cause teams problems. They had Bayerns defense on the ropes before we capitulated in the 7-2 game as an example.

I agree we are now best suited to a 4-3-3 . Not convinced by LoCelso as I don't feel he offers any more than say Lamela. Haven't seen much of Fernandes but would prefer to get him in and let LoCelso's loan lapse. Then bring in a beast for DM.

If you base your formation on that particular style sure he doesn't fit, but an interchanging front 3 of Kane Son Dele can cause teams problems. They had Bayerns defense on the ropes before we capitulated in the 7-2 game as an example.
Yep
It’s fluid and flexible
Just need suitable FBs

Yep
It’s fluid and flexible
Just need suitable FBs
Fluid yes but who is going to take up the right hand side? We are talking about a 433 and the point of the 3 is to be spaced between the opposition back 4. In our options we have no natural right hand player in Dele, Son or Kane.
This.
Lamela looked much more powerful and combative when he came on.
But less accurate with his passing and less creative, recall it was Lo Celso who created almost all the danger and who created the opportunity for our equaliser.

Fluid yes but who is going to take up the right hand side? We are talking about a 433 and the point of the 3 is to be spaced between the opposition back 4. In our options we have no natural right hand player in Dele, Son or Kane. But less accurate with his passing and less creative, recall it was Lo Celso who created almost all the danger and who created the opportunity for our equaliser.

moura, Eze (if we buy him), Sessegnon, Lamala, Lo Celso..

moura, Eze (if we buy him), Sessegnon, Lamala, Lo Celso..

We were talking about a scenario with Kane, Son and Dele in a 433 and the difficulties they would have filling the roles.

A lot of the names you mention don't really fit or lack the required quality or haven't been tried in such a system. [emoji848]

We were talking about a scenario with Kane, Son and Dele in a 433 and the difficulties they would have filling the roles.

A lot of the names you mention don't really fit or lack the required quality or haven't been tried in such a system. [emoji848]

If you're going for a 433 then the 3 up top need to be 15/20+ goal men imo. Son is. Kane is. But we've always struggled for that right side. Bale was it, Mahrez could have been it. Both Liv and City operate this way. It enables them to fill the midfield with 3 solid players who provide the odd goal threat (City are fortunate to have KDB/Bernado who can play in either 3), knowing that they will get enough goals from the front 3.

At the moment if Dele were that 3rd man of the 3 he would have to play narrow next to Kane and we would need some support on the right or it would be wide open. maybe a Sissoko type player at RM. Waht we end with in reality is Dele in the midfield 3 and Moura right forward.

Dele definitely suits the 4231 better imo as the central Kane support but the midfield 2 just aren't cutting it at the moment (for various reasons).

Back