• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bloody British Airways

Their situation is only resolved by their country (ie government).

And their situation includes, no accommodation, limited funds, no return flight, potentially visa issues and no idea how long it may go on for.

Modern communication is what we do have, and many aeroplanes doing nothing. It can't be that hard for the foreign office to ascertain numbers and charter a plane even if it needs to discuss landing at a overseas airport that's in lockdown. All countries will be wanting to repatriate nationals so the conversation should be fluid.

I know stories can be anecdotal BUT they're not looking for utopia just a line of communication that help is on its way even if it's a week away.

If you had a teenage daughter backpacking round Indo it would be a worry, and you have to be minded that in these situations many people aren't streetwise and can't think outside the box to help themselves.

Yeh I would be worried but if I felt there was a lack of streetwise to that level I would probably block backpacking as I have done that and it takes a level of whit and smarts to bounce from place to place. Its almost the pandemic travel compared to luxury 5 star travellers.

Also as a parent I would be helping more but thats my circumstances I suppose.

I think there is probably in my mind a top to bottom list of whats important and can be achieved and repatriation is probably lower on list than alot and not everything can be achieved is my point.

Yeh I would be worried but if I felt there was a lack of streetwise to that level I would probably block backpacking as I have done that and it takes a level of whit and smarts to bounce from place to place. Its almost the pandemic travel compared to luxury 5 star travellers.

Also as a parent I would be helping more but thats my circumstances I suppose.

I think there is probably in my mind a top to bottom list of whats important and can be achieved and repatriation is probably lower on list than alot and not everything can be achieved is my point.
I guess you're right especially now half the government are struck down wiiith the lurgy :)

Their situation is only resolved by their country (ie government).

And their situation includes, no accomodation, limited funds, no return flight, potentially visa issues and no idea how long it may go on for.

Modern communication is what we do have, and many aeroplanes doing nothing. It can't be that hard for the foreign office to ascertain numbers and charter a plane even if it needs to discuss landing at a overseas airport that's in lockdown. All countries will be wanting to repatriate nationals so the conversation should be fluid.

I know stories can be anecdotal BUT they're not looking for utopia just a line of communication that help is on its way even if it's a week away.

If you had a teenage daughter backpacking round Indo it would be a worry, and you have to be minded that in these situations many people aren't streetwise and can't think outside the box to help themselves.

Loads of countries won't let repatriation planes land, in Peru for instance they refused to allow UK flights to land till the other day. Then getting pilots and aircrew etc also isn't easy at the moment.

We have repatriated plenty of people but people also aren't helping themselves backpacking out in remote villages and wondering why a bus can't drive them 300 miles somewhere when the entire country is banned from leaving their house.

Maybe as you say some of these people aren't streetwise but warnings etc to come home have been doing the rounds for a while.

Loads of countries won't let repatriation planes land, in Peru for instance they refused to allow UK flights to land till the other day. Then getting pilots and aircrew etc also isn't easy at the moment.

We have repatriated plenty of people but people also aren't helping themselves backpacking out in remote villages and wondering why a bus can't drive them 300 miles somewhere when the entire country is banned from leaving their house.

Maybe as you say some of these people aren't streetwise but warnings etc to come home have been doing the rounds for a while.

But certain restrictions within those countries have been near enough instant, so even the best of us would be caught out in some instances. And this isn't just getting back to the airport but your hotel and guesthouse chucking you out, leaving you on the street with all the shops shut. That would freak many people.

Plus I don't buy the difficulty negotiating with other gov's, all gov's will need repatriation flights that should help discussion. Plus there are a load of planes pilots cabin staff doing very little at the mo. Have you seen the planes at Bournemouth?

People's anxieties are usually helped by being communicated with, and the modern world makes that one of the easiest tasks, even if it's too (repeatedly if necessary) tell people they are 'on it', even if progress is slow.

I might be about to be flown back to Melbourne through my travel insurance. Torn between wanting to ride this out here with the closed pubs, no football and isolation of being banged up in a hotel for 14 days courtesy of the Australian government. Qatar are running reliably compared to Etihad who cancelled two of my flights Madrid and London to Mel. I won't forget Qatar acting the way they have compared to Etihad who much like their football clubs (City and PSG) are greedy fcuktards.

I might be about to be flown back to Melbourne through my travel insurance. Torn between wanting to ride this out here with the closed pubs, no football and isolation of being banged up in a hotel for 14 days courtesy of the Australian government. Qatar are running reliably compared to Etihad who cancelled two of my flights Madrid and London to Mel. I won't forget Qatar acting the way they have compared to Etihad who much like their football clubs (City and PSG) are greedy fcuktards.

Abu Dhabi (Etihad) own Emirates Marketing Project whilst Qatar own PSG.

Qatar are a great airline to travel with though, seem to be running a lot of flights still.

Government stepping up to charter flight, 75m is a lot of flights as it costs about 20k an hour to operate a 747

Back