1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Benny/Laser

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Crawley, 6 Feb 2012.

1. DanishWhite

DanishWhite Jason Dozzell

No idea, but if you make a prototype, I'm sure there's a great business venture in there somewhere.

2. Boonie

Boonie Ramon Vega

I knew it was possible to affect a pilot with one of these green lasers I had just not heard of a plane actually crashing and this being proved as the reason. I would be interested to read the media story on this incident that you have referenced from the TV program.

3. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Chris Perry

i think we should take a new approach to such behaviour - be like a teacher; if someone shines a laser pen, stop the game until the person that did it ownes up to it!
    (give it 5 mins of no football and see how many people sitting around the person in question keep quiet)

4. Spursalot

Spursalot Jimmy McCormick

They would be relatively easy to make, the problem would be they would have to be tuned to the wavelength of the laser. So if someone tried to use a different colour laser they would no longer be effective.

5. Crawley

Crawley Board Legend

=D>

6. Crab.C.Nesbitt

Crab.C.Nesbitt Clive Wilson

Isn't it ironic that Boris Johnson had to apologise to the city of Liverpool for essentially saying how they were a bunch of whinging victims who revelled in their victim status, essentially because loads of scousers were complaining and making a huge fuss over what he said (ie. being whinging victims). Liverpool = Martyr FC

7. Park Lane James

Park Lane James Andy Sinton

On the continent they have flares and fireworks.

In England we have laser pens.

8. hydra

hydra Dave McEwen

This has become a really serious problem. Even more so in Spain than England; take a look at the Barca-RM games. And any penalty kick in any European league for that matter.

I think the solution is to hold the club vicariously liable for the actions of fans doing this. In any PL game there should be enough stewards paying attention to the crowd to notice an idiot shining a laser pen at players.

Fines for the club whenever this happens, criminal prosecution for the idiots who do it. I really think that making it a financial issue for clubs is the only way to force them to take it seriously.

9. SubZero

SubZero Ilie Dumitrescu

Edgar Davids knew.

10. chicken_badge

chicken_badge Gudni Bergsson

Can anyone just report them to the police? Even if just seen on the TV?

11. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Christian Ziege

Was this why Benny forgot how to pass the ball yesterday?

12. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Nick Barmby

:ross::ross::ross:

13. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

I saw it on a t.v. show in america i can not remember the show but it was a small plane like a 20 seater and it was in a place called seattle. The guy was in a field and the plane was coming into land had another half a mile and the bloke flashed up the laser and they crashed but some survived, they caught the guy that did it.

Not sure this has anything to do with ekotto and if people are really so upset then one of you needs to make a complaint to the police and they can follow it up.

14. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

yes anyone can make a complaint anyone

15. papaspur

papaspur Steve Hodge

[video=youtube;3k4C8grAGP4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k4C8grAGP4[/video]