1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Bar chart races

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Lilbaz, 31 May 2022.

1. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Michael Carrick

True. Even liverpool in the 70s. But abramovich took it to another level.

2. metalgear

metalgear Jack Jull

we have a strict wage structure that we won't bust... which is prudent ... and while i agree that you won't give raises to the mediocre players but don't you think we could attract better players by increasing wages? I mean transfer fees goes to agents and clubs and we've seen players hold out for a move to a club they want.

also lower wages could be the reason players agitate for a move and hence the higher player sales...

sure we don't want to be stuck paying lots for deadwood - which we have with lo celso and ndombele - perhaps its a question of widening the range on performance ... i mean Kane and Son deserves more IMO, and Kulu and Romero too, before they get unsettled by clubs willing to offer significantly more wages for their services.

Agree that its about attracting/recruiting the right players to pay more... but maybe now is the time we reviewed our salary structures to match/exceed arsenal .... and not go overboard with transfer fees.

Last edited: 22 Jun 2022
  3. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Michael Carrick

Spurs want to keep wages at around 50% of turnover. Add in amortisation and agent fees that will bring it up to around 70% (which is healthy for the club and with uefa new rules, all clubs in european competition will have to abide by that). So to increase wages you have to increase turnover. We've now had our first full season in the stadium with full crowds and events. Which will boost turnover. You cannot consider the extra money from cl because that is not guaranteed each season. In england at least.

4. Bullet

Bullet Steffen Freund

Base pay should be sensible, then bonuses for wins, goals, achievements, trophies (yes I know) i.e. performance

Lilbaz likes this.
  5. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Michael Carrick

I don't know if it's still the case but remember levy saying we had the biggest performance related bonuses in the prem. Kanes on £200k a week basic that can go up to £300k a week with bonuses i believe it was reported.

ricky2tricky4city likes this.