• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

If it does, we’ll be a laughing stock. Could you imagine other clubs’ fans? “You thought you were getting Bale. As if. You ended up with Sørloth because he’s your level. Get back in your box.”

Fortunately , I really can’t see this going tits up. He wants to come, Real want him out and Levy will look a right clam if he can’t get this over the line. It’s happening.

go outside, turn around 3 times, throw salt over your shoulder and spit

you want to tempt the wrath of the whatever from high atop the thing?

If it does, we’ll be a laughing stock. Could you imagine other clubs’ fans? “You thought you were getting Bale. As if. You ended up with Sørloth because he’s your level. Get back in your box.”

Fortunately , I really can’t see this going tits up. He wants to come, Real want him out and Levy will look a right clam if he can’t get this over the line. It’s happening.

it’s not going to go tits up

I think the Wales game woke him up, he wasn’t fit and was awful.

it’s the Euros In the summer and he doesn’t want to turn up brick

Apparently, according to someone on SC last night he has now been removed from the club shop option. I.E can’t get a shirt with his name on the back etc.

If this does go tits up Levy would have to go and get someone to make up for it, he hasn’t got the excuse that it is the end of the window and we haven’t got anymore time.

If this does go tits up Levy would have to go and get someone to make up for it, he hasn’t got the excuse that it is the end of the window and we haven’t got anymore time.

he could sign any two other players on the planet, but that wouldn't make up for not getting Bale back

Fair play to Levy if this comes off. He really is trying to go for broke getting glory out of this talented squad. Not sure it will pay off but he's done his best I'd say.

He'll have put in the most successful manager of the last 20 years at considerable cost and backed him...through a once in a century pandemic that's hit us financially. That really flies in the face of the caricature of him as a skinflint, joyless money man.

The backing of the manager has come two seasons late for me. I really wish he'd pushed the boat out for Poch. But I agree, hats off to Levy. This proves it's more than just a business to him IMO.

He'll have put in the most successful manager of the last 20 years at considerable cost and backed him...through a once in a century pandemic that's hit us financially. That really flies in the face of the caricature of him as a skinflint, joyless money man.

this

this x 2

The backing of the manager has come two seasons late for me. I really wish he'd pushed the boat out for Poch. But I agree, hats off to Levy. This proves it's more than just a business to him IMO.
But 2 years ago did we have the money?
Did we know the debt position we would be in?
Also would players of a certain calibre/nature sign for one manager over another?
we don’t know
I do believe when we had money we backed Poch with the signings last season but it was a rocky boat at that point and players stopped listening. That’s a hard, heavy fix
Jose comes in and doesn’t have the baggage with players that Poch had so he can tell them to fudge off.
And we will have brought in with Reggie and bale added 11 players since last summer. Strangely the only area we haven’t added too are striker and CB...

But 2 years ago did we have the money?
Did we know the debt position we would be in?
Also would players of a certain calibre/nature sign for one manager over another?
we don’t know
I do believe when we had money we backed Poch with the signings last season but it was a rocky boat at that point and players stopped listening. That’s a hard, heavy fix
Jose comes in and doesn’t have the baggage with players that Poch had so he can tell them to fudge off.
And we will have bought in with Reggie and bale added 11 players since last summer. Strangely the only area we haven’t added too are striker and CB...

fudge knows, I'm a fan. I just comment on multi million transactions from behind my computer as if I'm always right.

My feel is we could have backed Poch more. That's from looking at the financials too (though not too deeply). But Levy erred on the side of caution. That's fair enough. Time will tell if he was right. I don't want to be Captain Hindsight. I thought he was wrong at the time. I still think now that he was wrong and Poch leaving still stings me nearly 12 months later. But if Jose and Bale are hoisting the Premier League trophy (or even the FA Cup) and we're back in the CL, I'll have been proved wrong.

He's actually made some very astute decisions lately. The documentary I thought was beyond stupid...it'll raise our profile, Alex Morgan will raise our profile in the US and Bale will raise our profile everywhere. So, in conclusion, maybe Levy knows more about this stuff than me. Won't stop me ranting though...

Back