• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/gareth-bale-salary/

Gareth Bale new 6-year contract details
FINANCIAL DETAILS
Contract Period 6 year contract (2016 to 2022)
Basic Salary (Yearly): £18m net per season
Bonus Add-ons: (Yearly) Max £3m per season (depending on individual and team performances)
Ballon d’Or: In case Gareth Bale wins Ballon d’Or anytime during the new 6 year deal his basic salary will be increased by further £3m.

bugger, doesn't look like this ones a goer lads :(

I have always felt that Gareth' s return was a possibility once we had moved into the new stadium.
The financials look impossible,however consider the deals Daniel Levy could put together regarding Sponsorship and naming rights and so forth and it could well be doable. We want to be considered a challenger? We want to be a club of substance? To dare is to do.

redundant thread,

1) Bale earns 4x at RM what we would/could pay.

2) He never had much affinity for us, his head was turned very quickly.

3) He's Welsh.

I actually would not take him, great player though he is. It'd be a bit of a circus and we have built a proper TEAM, including the squad players. They have grown here with Poch and we don't need to upset the dynamic imo.

I actually would not take him, great player though he is. It'd be a bit of a circus and we have built a proper TEAM, including the squad players. They have grown here with Poch and we don't need to upset the dynamic imo.

Disagree for two reasons

- We would walk the league with Bale in the side
- He's not disruptive, the fact that he has never bitched in the situation he is in at RM is a testament to how professional he can be.

By the way, while I'm aware its all amusement, just to help you think about it

- I believe someone found that our sale to Madrid had a clause in it that basically gave us first right of refusal if he was ever sold to a PL club (we just had to match offer)

Lloris
Walker...Alderweireld...Vertonghen...Rose
Modric...Dembele
Bale...Eriksen...Dele
Kane​
Funny this threads come up....
I was just thinking this last week.

It's not like we're asking 'what 2 players in the world.....'. .These two of RM's finest were Spurs players in recent times. If we knew Poch was gonna be this great, for him to have two players like Bale and Modric (especially considering their temperement) to slot into the current set up would equal sky's the limit stuff. Both fantastic players. So frustrating they moved on.

Funny this threads come up....
I was just thinking this last week.

It's not like we're asking 'what 2 players in the world.....'. .These two of RM's finest were Spurs players in recent times. If we knew Poch was gonna be this great, for him to have two players like Bale and Modric (especially considering their temperement) to slot into the current set up would equal sky's the limit stuff. Both fantastic players. So frustrating they moved on.

Two ways to look at that, if Bale & Modric had stayed, would we have ended up getting Poch?

I think any successor to HR who still had those players would have got us CL, and perhaps the occasional domestic cup.
Poch is making us title contenders without those players ... would you go back and make that trade?

Two ways to look at that, if Bale & Modric had stayed, would we have ended up getting Poch?

I think any successor to HR who still had those players would have got us CL, and perhaps the occasional domestic cup.
Poch is making us title contenders without those players ... would you go back and make that trade?

You could easily make an argument that much of the current squad was built with the Bale money. Even if some of it was with the proceeds from the sale of players bought with the Bale money.

Rather have a younger Raphael Van Der Vaart in this team personally.

The joy he got siding against the goons was romance

good point, obviously my opinion is no, as AVB would still be here and we'd have won three titles and three European Cups by now

Poch would probably have had Southampton as the only club keeping us honest until March though and won the manager of the year each year as AVB would merely have hit par

I loved him but he lacked the tactical discipline to play in a Poch side

Dele mate .. that is our modern VDV.

I think Poch would have used VDV like he sometimes does with Dembele, managed, rotate and when you can, take off 60-65 minutes in.

Dele mate .. that is our modern VDV.

I think Poch would have used VDV like he sometimes does with Dembele, managed, rotate and when you can, take off 60-65 minutes in.

Yes but with more discipline. VdV was really talented but a bit of a ball chaser.

Back