• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB's First Interview

If you have read my previous post's regarding AVB you should know I was gutted AVB didn't work out....I certainly have not wallowed in his misfortune....I just want our club to do well. AVB did well last season and deserves praise...however the 'negative spiral comment and damaging Fulham defeat can and should be levelled at him.

Interesting that you have such noble intentions and dont wish people to put the boot in.....I admire that but dont admire the double standards I see when you are posting about our current head coach...this is a guy you cant give a chance too and I see no valid reasons othe than an irrational dislike for someone you dont know.

play the game....you make a decent point regarding AVB but I have seen no kudos from you with recent results under sherwood and I know you will 'stick the boot in' at the first given opportunity.

go figure.

What does this mean? That his negative spiral comment attributed to Arsenal's good form? I don't think it made the blindest bit of difference.

As for holding the Fulham defeat against him...what does it mean? That he was not allowed to lose any games, ever?

I think it's good people can still defend AVB. Otherwise narratives get created that do him a complete disservice. It isn't fair and there's no reason why certain people can be able to say why they thought AVB was bad, and be shielded from debating that point just because he has gone.

You're going to deny that the AVB haters don't use Bale's fantastic form (which the manager's tactics and utilisation allowed) as a crutch to diminish his success with us?

In future could you please respond with at least a few paragraphs of reasoned debate, even a sentence? Or maybe you can't be bothered running a grammar/spell check today? :lol:

What success? Or did I miss something??

Both interviews PR ****e so everyone comes out smelling of roses so to fool the paying public. Everyones a winner.. except..

AVB is still young at 36 and still got a lot of things to learn as a manager. He made a big mistake in joining Chelsea. He should have spend 2 or 3 more seasons at Porto before joining a big club. He also made an even bigger mistake joining Spurs so soon after leaving Chelsea. I think he can become a successfull manager if he spends a few more years in football.

AVB is still young at 36 and still got a lot of things to learn as a manager. He made a big mistake in joining Chelsea. He should have spend 2 or 3 more seasons at Porto before joining a big club. He also made an even bigger mistake joining Spurs so soon after leaving Chelsea. I think he can become a successfull manager if he spends a few more years in football.

I agree. I don't think the timing was right for him in either job and it would be good for him to take a less pressured position up now. He needs to take on a team that hasn't really had any success in their history but has the resource and ambition to allow him the chance to prove himself. Taking a mid table German or Spanish team to the CL in the next few years would do wonders for him.

I don't think he was ready for either the Chelsea or spurs job. I do like the guy though and do think there is a good manager in there that will emerge with experience.

I wonder though, have we ever been split more down the middle by a managerial sacking than this one?

i thought he was right in taking the spurs job and he proved it with a record points haul.
what happened after that needs careful evaluation ... did baldini get the right players he needed? was there a common understanding between AVB and Sherwood with regards to promotion of the U21 into the first team?

in the end the 7 new players needed at least a season to bed in... AVB was only judged on like 6 months?

What does this mean? That his negative spiral comment attributed to Arsenal's good form? I don't think it made the blindest bit of difference.

As for holding the Fulham defeat against him...what does it mean? That he was not allowed to lose any games, ever?

I think it's good people can still defend AVB. Otherwise narratives get created that do him a complete disservice. It isn't fair and there's no reason why certain people can be able to say why they thought AVB was bad, and be shielded from debating that point just because he has gone.

Ah BOL I think you and me could go round in circles over AVB for years.

What I meant going on last season was that AVB had times to be praised and times to be criticised........this is fair comment no?

I think the Spiral comment always had a good chance of biting us on the bum....Arsenal were down and AVB gave them the desire for recovery....it was a pointless comment what was the need for it???? we had beaten them and were 7 points clear, why rub it in and give them motivation. And yes we were ahead of Arsenal and we should have stayed there!

of course not everyone has my mentality so I should respect others views more. I just want to forget AVB and I see nothing to be gained in wallowing in memories or theorising what might have been.

In truth im *****d he will never deliver what I wanted.....a manager at spurs for years improving us as time went by and trophies.

in other truth im looking forward to when this forum isnt camp avb or team timmy.....I dont want to tarnish AVB but he wasnt succesful with us...I have tried to let go of AVB as quickly as I can...others seem far less willing to let go.

Ah BOL I think you and me could go round in circles over AVB for years.

What I meant going on last season was that AVB had times to be praised and times to be criticised........this is fair comment no?

I think the Spiral comment always had a good chance of biting us on the bum....Arsenal were down and AVB gave them the desire for recovery....it was a pointless comment what was the need for it???? we had beaten them and were 7 points clear, why rub it in and give them motivation. And yes we were ahead of Arsenal and we should have stayed there!

of course not everyone has my mentality so I should respect others views more. I just want to forget AVB and I see nothing to be gained in wallowing in memories or theorising what might have been.

In truth im *****d he will never deliver what I wanted.....a manager at spurs for years improving us as time went by and trophies.

in other truth im looking forward to when this forum isnt camp avb or team timmy.....I dont want to tarnish AVB but he wasnt succesful with us...I have tried to let go of AVB as quickly as I can...others seem far less willing to let go.

Thing is mate, some people were absolutely caning AVB after FOUR GAMES last season! So if a few cannot let go of defending him, it acts as a counter-balance IMO.

It's a great shame it didn't work out because I believe there is a great manager in there, but he genuinely has some personality issues to address/experience to gain before he can get there. He has the talent, he just needs the man-management and pressure-coping skills IMO. As I've said before, I think if he could've found short-term compromise to allow his long-term plan to continue, he'd have made it with us for some years. I've also said before that I genuinely, genuinely believe he did not want to be here any longer, for reasons we will never fully know I suspect and for reasons which carry blame on both sides. I wish him great luck in the future.

It depends what he wants. There is a lot of money in being a not quite good enough manager who keeps getting hired and fired. He's earnt something like £23m for about two seasons work in the Premier League.

AVB did receive a bit of abuse in his first few games at the club to be fair. We didn't have the of best of starts (to be fair, we didn't really get going until OT) and those who had been sceptical from the beginning due to his History at Chelsea started to turn the screw a little.

Thing is mate, some people were absolutely caning AVB after FOUR GAMES last season! So if a few cannot let go of defending him, it acts as a counter-balance IMO.

It's a great shame it didn't work out because I believe there is a great manager in there, but he genuinely has some personality issues to address/experience to gain before he can get there. He has the talent, he just needs the man-management and pressure-coping skills IMO. As I've said before, I think if he could've found short-term compromise to allow his long-term plan to continue, he'd have made it with us for some years. I've also said before that I genuinely, genuinely believe he did not want to be here any longer, for reasons we will never fully know I suspect and for reasons which carry blame on both sides. I wish him great luck in the future.

Great post!!!

I think we could all do with taking a chill pill until more information is released about the last few months of AVB reign it will all come out in time.

I do think the club should release more information regarding sackings I know for legal reasons sometimes you can't but the 2 or 3 sentence about AVB sacking isn't good enough

He was getting slaughtered mate…I remember Norwich home in particular as being one of the moments it started up…he was caned for the Rafa transfer too…he definitely had his detractors pretty much from the start.

Here's the thread for that game mate…not always the prettiest of reading…

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php/2502-*Official-Match-Thread*-Tottenham-Hotspur-vs-Norwich/page34

Yep, fair enough (looks like i had a fair few digs at him too:lol:)

So there'll be no "bloody hell, can't we give TS time" quotes from you if anyone has a go at TS from now on then? :-"

There's a big difference though:

1) On that norwich thread i still said AVB needs "5 more games to implement his system"

2) Those reactions were after we dropped points for the third consecutive game, playing a hideous brand of football. Sherwood has started with 4 wins and a draw out of 5 AND HE STILL GETS CRITICISED.

So there's a huge difference as you can see.

There's a big difference though:

1) On that norwich thread i still said AVB needs "5 more games to implement his system"

2) Those reactions were after we dropped points for the third consecutive game, playing a hideous brand of football. Sherwood has started with 4 wins and a draw out of 5 AND HE STILL GETS CRITICISED.

So there's a huge difference as you can see.

Point being that judgements are made in both situations after not many games, and those defending said manager often state "it's too early FFS".

And about winning 4 out of 5: apart from Winning at OT, are the other wins exactly earth-shattering? Just putting it out there...

Back