1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

All or Nothing - spoilers

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Denmark Spur, 25 Sep 2019.

1. StephenH

StephenH Chris Jones

Yes "in the end" not from the beginning. Poch's situation was probably complicated and it now looks like Levy was a little smitten with the thought of 'The Special One' (we've all been there;))
    My thoughts are I was right the first I heard Jose was coming. Oh No! and sadly I see no upside. Bale is backwards-looking IMHO. The only solace atm is I don't think Mourinho will be here long.

2. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Steve Sedgley

Bale is exactly what the team needs
    A player who has won it all, with a profile to lift the team
    But reguillon is a huge one for me
    Fixes the left side straight away

glasgowspur and DeanoAustin like this.
  3. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Jimmy Neighbour

If we get the LB and Bale over the line, add them to Ndom La Celso Bergwijn PEH Sess Doherty...that's 8 players (7 starters) ...that's fresh legs fresh ears, a new team.

And if you were to add the old regime players that do give 400%..top of the list would be Sonny Kane Dier Lloris...so? ...some hope?

glasgowspur likes this.
  4. Bedfordspurs

I actually think someone will be gone to pay for it all. I think it may well be tubby
    I also think we’re gonna see us move for Kim Jae and sell Foyth to fund that

5. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Jimmy Neighbour

Yeah tubby is annoying. He could be so big for us but I can't work out if he's shy/withdrawn or just a bit lazy (or now he's in a top league, life ain't so easy?). Whatever it is, your on borrowed time with Jose and for that reason imo I'd shift him. Financially he is an asset.

6. Bedfordspurs

He is shy
    But he is so talented too
    The balance has to be Struck

7. StephenH

StephenH Chris Jones

Reguilon is the highlight of all this.
    I haven't watched Bale for some time so I honestly comment on Gareth. I never like going back as a rule.

8. StephenH

StephenH Chris Jones

'Tubbygate' has gone on too long - time to twist, just recoup some dosh and cut the bugger lose.

9. Bedfordspurs

Reggie and Doherty will such a different dimension. It’s taking us to where we were level wise with Peak rose and Walker

10. StephenH

StephenH Chris Jones

hope your right

11. Bedfordspurs

People won’t like this but for me reggie is the more important signing

12. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Mauricio Taricco

From a football point of view you could be right. I've not seen him play. But I think Bale will have more impact. Here's a lad who has won it all. A genuine star. A lad most clubs in England (if not all) would want. And he could be coming back to Tottenham. One of our own. He chose us over United because he loves the club. Imagine being Kane or Son seeing that the club has finally signed someone in your league. Imagine being GLC seeing that we may have another player on his wavelength. The "statement effect" and the lift that comes with signing Bale is huge for me.

Also, this will mean we have Bale, Kane, Son, Alli, Moura, Bergwijn and Lamela as options in those forward areas. Jose now has depth to change games. If we could get Ndombele playing, we'd be a serious, serious side.

MKSpur likes this.
  13. Bedfordspurs

Cant argue with the logic but Reggie just won the Europa too

DeanoAustin likes this.
  14. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Mauricio Taricco

Seems to be a very good player. Was the left back in the La Liga team of the season last year I believe. And another one who knows what it is to win (like Hart and, fingers crossed, like Bale). Strange that Zidane really doesn't seem to fancy him.

Despite harsh lessons in the past and that nagging doubt, I'm bloody buzzing this morning at the possibility of these two. Was overjoyed last night with Reguilon and then the Bale news just sent me stratospheric. For me, if it happens this means that Levy, to be fair to him, is backing a manager who is a winner. That's huge particularly in the current economic environment especially the way it's hit us.

Maybe there's a proverbial kick in the nuts coming but I'm super excited today. COYMFS.

15. billyiddo

billyiddo David Ginola Staff Member

A fair point - like Poch before him Mourinho needs to be build his team from the dieing embers of the previous regime. He has the benefit of a higher profile club and what appears, so far, to be a bigger budget (if not quite as big as he expected)

Last edited: 16 Sep 2020
  16. Bedfordspurs

Only because of the work Poch did before

billyiddo likes this.
  17. parklane1

parklane1 Les Howe

Pretty much i would say, they have been the same for a while now.

18. parklane1

parklane1 Les Howe

Without a doubt, seems some just want to use the underpar displays on Jose when we all know they did the same under Poch's last season.

glasgowspur likes this.
  19. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Steve Carr

Not at all, it's just that Jose was appointed to improve on that, like I said earlier this appointment comes with and should one with expectations.

20. parklane1

parklane1 Les Howe

Fair enough but you know what would be fair?, lets give him more then ONE fudging game in this season before the melts start screaming for his head.

NickTB likes this.