• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Song

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go for both.

Both would massively improve our weakest area

I wouldn't actually.. would rather we got a deep lying playmaker like Cabaye together with a genuine defensive midfielder such as Imbula. With Bentaleb and Mason we would have the perfect CM foursome - plus Alli and Carroll (if they stay)

I wouldn't actually.. would rather we got a deep lying playmaker like Cabaye together with a genuine defensive midfielder such as Imbula. With Bentaleb and Mason we would have the perfect CM foursome - plus Alli and Carroll (if they stay)

I think Gutter Boy already has dibs.

This thread isn't locked. Is Song still available? If so, still worth a cheeky bid imo.

...and he's a prick.

I'm waiting for the black box to produce someone from left field (not literally of course but we could do with someone there too ;))

Ample experience at the highest levels. Could have the same role as Davids did for us. Would massively assist our youthful CMs.

Don't get me wrong, I think that he is a decent player but he does not fit with our transfer policy and I cannot see us being interested.

Song would be a great addition, if we haven't sorted out the DM slot and he's on a free, if I'm not mistaken. Wouldn't mind Halilovic too, if the quoted price of £6 million is correct.

Song would be a terrible signing IMO. It's not like West Ham busted a gut to sign him on a permanent deal, is it?

They're still haggling over the length of the contract last I saw. It's been almost done for weeks now.

Song would be a great addition, if we haven't sorted out the DM slot and he's on a free, if I'm not mistaken. Wouldn't mind Halilovic too, if the quoted price of £6 million is correct.
Song out for three months with an ankle injury, I wouldn't wait for him till October to get started... Haliovic? Very good, can't understand if Barca decides to sell him so quickly. Would gladly have him in our club.

Song out for three months with an ankle injury, I wouldn't wait for him till October to get started... Haliovic? Very good, can't understand if Barca decides to sell him so quickly. Would gladly have him in our club.
I'd still take Song. Would rather wait a bit for a quality player than get some brick in earlier.

I'd still take Song. Would rather wait a bit for a quality player than get some **** in earlier.

Agree.

Plus there are two international breaks between now and then, he wouldn't miss too many league games.

He is going to be better than the panic buy on the last day of the window

Would people take Song over a couple of young players with promise? His wages would be in that kind of area.

People talk about a Davids signing, Song is a decent player but no where near Davids in terms of profile or achievements.

He also faded towards the end of last season.

Would people take Song over a couple of young players with promise? His wages would be in that kind of area.

People talk about a Davids signing, Song is a decent player but no where near Davids in terms of profile or achievements.

He also faded towards the end of last season.

I think he is great at doing a creative role but poor defensively which I why Barca didn't play him. He doesn't tackle well, but he does intercept well

Biggest challenge would be to keep him going beyond 6 months as show last year but he has ability

But to answer your question id rather play our younger players and see them develop

Of course, if Song doesn't play until October, then 6 months will take us till almost the end of the season.

Looks like Song will be signing for West Ham permanently after all (subject to a medical - which is a little bit weird as presumably he's already spent an entire season under the supervision of the West Ham medical and coaching team; surely a medical won't tell them anything they didn't already know?)

Anyway, looks like a done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back