• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

Re: Pritchard

Spot the spelling mistake...At least two players with incorrect spelling of their names. :-k

I am certain he only had 1 touch yesterday, poor little bugger. Eriksen should have laid him off aswell.

He's really impressed me whenever I've seen him. Hopefully, he can get a decent loan next season and get a step closer to the first team.
when you look at a player like Bentaleb for example who never went out on loan but has gone straight into the PL and looks very comfortable, it shows that we shouldnt be so scared to blood the youngsters ourselves sometimes.
I hope that if we get Poch or FDB, neither one will be afraid to play a few youngsters coming through.

I am certain he only had 1 touch yesterday, poor little bugger. Eriksen should have laid him off aswell.

Yeah, didn't really notice him much after he came on - you're right about Eriksen though.
Still probably great motivation for him to get a little game time in the PL.

Looked very bright indeed at Ledley's testimonial - far moreso than that Bale lookalike.

A very nice article from the OS on Pritchard, including some high praise from Eriksen: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/pritch-catches-christianand39s-eye-250514/

Alex Pritchard certainly made an impression on Christian Eriksen in the last couple of weeks of the season.

'Pritch', a skilful midfielder in Christian's mould, returned to the club in May after a season-long loan with Swindon Town in League One.

The youngster earned rave reviews for his performances for the Robins, where he featured 44 times and scored six goals as his side finished in eighth place and just missed out on the play-offs.

His eye-catching displays were such that he was nominated in two categories at the end-of-season Football League awards – League One Player of the Season and Football League Young Player of the Year – and although he missed out in the final reckoning in both, it still showed he had made quite an impression at the County Ground.

Under the terms of his youth loan, Pritch was ineligible to play in Swindon’s final league game and so returned to Hotspur Way, earning a place on the bench and, subsequently, his Spurs debut in our last match of the campaign against Villa.

He trained with the first team throughout and Christian, who completed a clean sweep of our fans' Player of the Season awards, liked what he saw.

"He’s a really good player and he made a real impression on me in the first few days he was back at the club," said Christian.

"He’s very skilful, good on the ball. He didn’t get much of a chance on his debut, a short time, but he’s really talented. He’s one for the future, for sure."

Pritch added: "I couldn’t play in the last game so I came back to Spurs and the coaches told me I would be training with the first team. I thought at the back of my mind I might get a chance against Villa and fortunately, I did.

“It was good to get my Spurs debut under my belt and to play alongside top quality players. It was a great way to finish the season and hopefully next year I can push on again and get even more game time.”

Promising for sure. I'm guessing there will be another loan for him next season, but he seems to be on the right path.

I would move sig or holtby on and give Pritchard their squad place.
Bit part players and starter in early rounds of cups.
See how he does.

F*ck a loan move. He's 21. He's only just a year younger then Eriksen. I rate Pritchard highly, if he IS good enough, he should be in the squad. Whether that is in the Premier League, League Cup, FA Cup, Europa League. He needs games for Spurs.

F*ck a loan move. He's 21. He's only just a year younger then Eriksen. I rate Pritchard highly, if he IS good enough, he should be in the squad. Whether that is in the Premier League, League Cup, FA Cup, Europa League. He needs games for Spurs.

Wasn't he on loan at Peterborough last season? If so did anyone see enough of him to say whether he was particularly stand out for them?

I had similarly high hopes for Tom Carroll's spell at QPR, but having watched him fairly closely, I have to say he was somewhat underwhelming for them.

Agreed. Siggurdson seems like a likable dude who always gives his all for the club, but I'd love to see the minutes he played near the end of the season (mostly sub) go to a player like Pritchard from our academy. I really haven't seen him play at all, but for me, I'd love to see someone like him or Ceballos or Falque or Onomah (whoever the best attacking talent from our Academy is) get in that back-up to Eriksen role. If we are going to bring in a senior pro, they really need to be top drawer talent. I'd love it if our team looked something like this next season.

-------------------------------LLORIS (Young Keeper/Friedel)---------------
WALKER (Naughton/Fredricks)--NEW POWERFUL CB (Dawson)--VERTS (Vlad)----NEW LB (Fryers)
---------------SANDRO (Capoue)-------------------------PAULINHO (Bentaleb/Carroll)
LAMELA (Townsend)--------------ERIKSEN (Holtby/Pritchard)-------------KONOPLYANKA (Chadli/ Young Player)
------------------------------ADEBAYOR (Soldado/Kane)———————————

Obviously, it won't be that prescriptive, but what I like about the squad is that there are a hell of a lot of multi-talented footballers in that team, who can do a lot of different things and play a bunch of different positions. I think the only real first-team additions we need is a full-time LB to replace Rose and someone w/ pace and an eye for goal to go with Lamela and our striker. I think a new CB would be nice, but if it's not someone who is going to be a distinct upgrade on Daws, I'd rather not. As much as someone like Richards, Lescott, Alderwierld, etc seem good, I just think we need to be sure they are going to be an every week starter.

Absolutely agree with you. The lad should be with us this season. At the least I'd want to see him get a BPL loan

Wasn't he on loan at Peterborough last season? If so did anyone see enough of him to say whether he was particularly stand out for them?

I had similarly high hopes for Tom Carroll's spell at QPR, but having watched him fairly closely, I have to say he was somewhat underwhelming for them.

I've seen both Pritchard and Carroll and in all honesty, Pritchard is on a different planet when comparing the two. For me, Pritchard WILL end up a Premier League player. I don't think Carroll will be in the long term. I mean rumours were going round that Barca, Madrid and Liverpool were all looking to sign him when his contract was coming to an end. If he DOES get a loan, I hope it's a Prem loan, he can't be having more wasted loans out in the lower divisions.

Brief spell with Peterborough towards the end of 2012/13, cut short by injury.
Spent 2013/14 with Swindon - was their stand out player, nominated for league one player of the year and the football league's young player of the year.
Not that I've seen any of their games, but the feed back from there has been great.

I've seen both Pritchard and Carroll and in all honesty, Pritchard is on a different planet when comparing the two. For me, Pritchard WILL end up a Premier League player. I don't think Carroll will be in the long term. I mean rumours were going round that Barca, Madrid and Liverpool were all looking to sign him when his contract was coming to an end. If he DOES get a loan, I hope it's a Prem loan, he can't be having more wasted loans out in the lower divisions.

Yep, I've heard some pretty high praise about the boy, clearly a well regarded talent. It's a bit of a worry that he's 21 and hasn't really troubled the first team, or indeed the Premier League yet, which is why I am interested in hearing how well he's done at Posh from people that may have kept an eye on his games.

Brief spell with Peterborough towards the end of 2012/13, cut short by injury.
Spent 2013/14 with Swindon - was their stand out player, nominated for league one player of the year and the football league's young player of the year.
Not that I've seen any of their games, but the feed back from there has been great.

Cheers.

Big if...

I think a young player at a PL club and a young player at Ajax having different development paths is pretty normal. There's a reason why Chelsea send a lot of young players on loan to Holland.

Absolutely agree with you. The lad should be with us this season. At the least I'd want to see him get a BPL loan

A PL loan would be very good, but it has to be to the right club. We've been very successful in the past with Walker and Caulker, but Kane failed at Norwich for example, to the point of people writing him off. It has to be the right club, playing a system that suits Pritchard, that's planning on giving Pritchard plenty of time on the pitch. That's more important than division imo.

What do you mean wasted loans?

A PL loan would be very good, but it has to be to the right club. We've been very successful in the past with Walker and Caulker, but Kane failed at Norwich for example, to the point of people writing him off. It has to be the right club, playing a system that suits Pritchard, that's planning on giving Pritchard plenty of time on the pitch. That's more important than division imo.

What do you mean wasted loans?[/QUOTE]

I think he means loaning a player to a team that plays in the way that we do. I remember Carroll's loan at Derby was a massive waste, because at that time, they'd played quite directly and needed their CMs to be Cattermole/Karl Henry types. They basically all said he was shocking because none of his natural attributes were as valuable to that team as a side like us. I think if Carroll gets a Prem loan, it needs to be to a side that plays possession football. I'd rather see both of them stay, especially if Pochettino or De Boer comes in (both have good track records of bringing young players through) and get games. With the Europa League and a full Prem/Cup run, we will need bodies, and if both have a Harry Kane/Nabil Bentaleb-style impact on a handful of games, I think that would be great. Same goes for Fryers, Bentaleb, Kane, and Ceballos. I'd love to see all those guys stay here and get in the team.

What do you mean wasted loans?

At this stage, I'd be expecting a loan to a Premier League club for him. It's much much better his development that he is training with better standard players than those of the lower league. Whilst his Swindon loan was a success, he should NEVER be going on loan to a club lower than the Championship next season, even that would be disappointing in my view. A loan to a newly promoted club, a club fighting relegation or even one that will be mid table willing to give the lad a chance would be good.

Kane wasn't too bad at Norwich, he just got injured so the loan was cut short. He actually showed intelligence at Norwich and it's a shame that was cut short.

I hope our new manager whom ever he is decides to play guys like pritchard in the league cup and europa league which should give them 15 to 20 games at least and then they will be ready to step up for the league matches if needed.

I heard good things abou

Back