• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A Little 'FML'

It's fine, I'm not offended. I don't see the issue with modules and resits in the slightest. I mean if someone prefers linear courses then that's fair enough, but I don't see how how forcing everyone to take linear courses has any advantages. It doesn't make us learn more, it doesn't fit more stuff in to the syllabus, it just makes everything unnecessarily harder. If Michael Gove has an issue with GCSEs not being rigorous enough, then he should just put more stuff in to the courses rather than making us suffer for no reason.

Back on the point of resits. If you do an exam and didn't do that great and then you're determined to get that grade up as high as you can so you're willing to work your arse off to learn for it and do well, then why should you not be allowed? If you take a resit you have to pay for it, so there's no real disadvantage.

I don't see the problem with modules. Higher education tends to be modular, so why should secondary education not be?

I also don't see the problem with resits. In the majority of working environments you will get more than one chance to complete a task if it doesn't go to plan the first time.

I just looked at the grade boundaries which were released earlier today, and although it doesn't tell me what I needed to get to get 99% on the UMS, it says 72/80 was required to get 144/160 on the UMS, so it seems Edexcel recognise that the exam was pretty easy as they've lined them up straight which isn't usual, and I think that was pushed further by the regulator's screaming and shouting recently.

Just as a contrast, to get 72/80 in the chemistry exam that I took (what you need for an A*), you only needed 47/60. It's not about anarchy within the exams system, it's just the exam boards' way of maintaining fairness and consistency as if my exam was harder than someone else's then that needs to be adjusted.

I got an A overall. Turns out I did nowhere near as well in that paper as I thought I had but I guess that's a good thing as that relieves the pain associated with this story. Happy ending I guess?

I got an A overall. Turns out I did nowhere near as well in that paper as I thought I had but I guess that's a good thing as that relieves the pain associated with this story. Happy ending I guess?
Is a summer job in a massage parlour considered a step up the ladder from McD's?

:tumbleweed:

So only answering the questions on one side of the paper still gets an A these days.
I was born at the wrong time.

More to the point what a criminal waste of money. How much does it cost to put kids through exams time and time again even after they have attained a class grade. The only logical reason this happens is because senior educational staff get kickbacks directly or indirectly from the examiners.

That money would be better spent on kit or staying in my pocket.

It doesn't cost anything to you, if you retake it you pay yourself. And why should it matter? Anything could happen to make you do badly or perform badly.

How did you get on at Science ?

2TtN4bv.jpg

Well done buddy.

So only answering the questions on one side of the paper still gets an A these days.
I was born at the wrong time.

Mate I missed out one question.

How did you get on at Science ?

2TtN4bv.jpg

2 marks off an A* in physics and 1 mark off an A* in chemistry. I'm getting those remarked at MY EXPENSE of £23.20 per exam and there's no guarantee the mark will go up - it could even go down.

Back