• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

7 a side !! Whats the best formation?

CelticSpur

Darren Caskey
I have a team in a local 7 a side competition at the moment....We've been playing a 2-1-2-1 !

Any thoughts or experience from anyone?

We play 7 a side and have done for a good few years now.

We play a

2-3-1

2 defenders will sit and defend like centre back.

2 in midfield will work like wing backs. Very hard role and u have got to be fit.

1 midfielder will be box to box all action

1 upfront will hold the ball up and bring people into play. Make runs to take defenders away etc.

It's the best formation for tr type of players we have.

3-2-1.

...........Striker
...box to box.....
..............holder..
left centre..centre...right centre

striker is there to hold up and score goals, the box to box goes to the fittest on your team, up and down, supports the striker as well as helps out the defence when you don't have the ball, the holder sits in front of the defence, sometimes dropping to make 4 at the back with the right and lefts pushing out more.

I like he 2-3-1 myself, as long as the defenders don't wander it's always worked for teams I've played in.

3-2-1.

...........Striker
...box to box.....
..............holder..
left centre..centre...right centre

striker is there to hold up and score goals, the box to box goes to the fittest on your team, up and down, supports the striker as well as helps out the defence when you don't have the ball, the holder sits in front of the defence, sometimes dropping to make 4 at the back with the right and lefts pushing out more.

3 at the back usually against a lone striker seems a waste....sitting back and inviting them to attack is never a good thing either ...

3 at the back usually against a lone striker seems a waste....sitting back and inviting them to attack is never a good thing either ...

could expand it out a bit then, perhaps have one at the back, if you're up against one striker, having two centre halves could be pretty pointless. If you have defender (who's pretty good) he should be able to keep the one striker at bay regardless, whilst the numbers in midfield cloud out attacks from their midfield. If you are however on the defensive side of things, one of two of your midfielders could drop back and cover.

could expand it out a bit then, perhaps have one at the back, if you're up against one striker, having two centre halves could be pretty pointless. If you have defender (who's pretty good) he should be able to keep the one striker at bay regardless, whilst the numbers in midfield cloud out attacks from their midfield. If you are however on the defensive side of things, one of two of your midfielders could drop back and cover.

Makes sense but could i trust the lads in midfield to pick up the runs? It maybe the way to go early on to try and get something to protect...If it backfired and we got overrun it would be game over though!

We've tried playing a 2-1-3 which has worked wonders!

2 defenders who are solid, holding midfielder with good vision and able to help defence, then 2 wingers and a forward, all with pace (and for us, ALL south paws!!) who swap positions. Sometimes we drop back into the 2-3-1 but for all intents and purposes this suits us and the skill set we have

My 7-a-side team doesn't listen to tactics, as much as I try to introduce them. It's a bit of a free-for-all. Luckily, there's 2-3 of us who area aware enough of our team mates to either always make ourselves available or slot into positions that need covering. We've just won our league with a game to spare.

So basically, just go out there and run around a fudging bit.

T'riffic.

My 7-a-side team doesn't listen to tactics, as much as I try to introduce them. It's a bit of a free-for-all. Luckily, there's 2-3 of us who area aware enough of our team mates to either always make ourselves available or slot into positions that need covering. We've just won our league with a game to spare.

T'riffic.

lol that's the same for us - when I said we've got 3 forwards who swap about I just meant that the 2 defenders and holding midfielder tend to stick to their jobs and the other three are a rule unit themselves! :)

lol that's the same for us - when I said we've got 3 forwards who swap about I just meant that the 2 defenders and holding midfielder tend to stick to their jobs and the other three are a rule unit themselves! :)

Bloody frustrating at times isn't it! :)

T'riffic.

Very similiar to our team....we're in the cup semi against a team unbeaten in the group stages and very young and fast....We may have to out muscle em and hoof and hope!

We won our semi final 6 nil playing a 5-1 formation basically lol....supposed to be a 3-2-1 but we parked the bus and hoofed it to our front man
untill we were 4 nil up and then did whatever we wanted !!

I'm convinced this is the best way to play it in a tight/big game....the striker has to be of high quality...our guy has 11 goals in 3 games

1 defender who plays last man always, 2 either side of him who can push on, 2 midfielders, one striker who stays up with their last man.

So a 1-2-2-1

Back