• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2022/23 expectations

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
I’ve been thinking that with the spending that we are doing, what board expectations are there for Conte and our club this season?

Last season I’m sure it was said that Conte had been asked to deliver top 4. If that’s right, given the spending, and that he is settled and going in to first full season, I assume top 4 will be a bare minimum expectation from the board.

What do you think? What do you expect?

Last season I thought 5th was par for us at the start of the season.

this season I think 3rd/4th could be about par (depends a bit on Chelsea)

Expect us to finish in top 6, more than that will depend on signings and draws in cup competitions. I think the world cup will throw up a strange season.

Expect us to finish in top 6, more than that will depend on signings and draws in cup competitions. I think the world cup will throw up a strange season.

I agree with you about the World Cup. All matches being congested, Champions League fixtures being played in back to back weeks. It’s going to be tough and will ask big questions of squad quality, not just that if the first team.

Plus players who go to the World Cup will be jaded, mentally and physically tired, whilst those that don’t go may be fresh and ready to get back at it.

Might see some highly impressive performances from fringe internationals as they bust a gut pre World Cup to show why they ought to be selected.

Par top 4
Expectation top 3
I think we could have title tilt with the squad if it hits the ground running

Absent any impact of the world cup, my current view is that we should be competing with Chelsea for 3rd, and a lot closer to City and Liverpool than previous seasons. Any finish outside the top 4 would be underperformance in my view given that in my view we're a good bit better than Arse, Man U, West Ham etc

The advantage that the top two have is that they've had a settled squad and system for a few years and its hard to overcome that advantage so quickly

Top 4, a Cup win would be nice but as others have said this season is going to be an odd one with the World Cup stuck in the middle of the season, that alone could throw a few spanners in the works.

Challenge for Top 3 but end up Top 4 with a gap to 5th.
Two semi finals at least.

If we get Bastoni and Bremer, even higher expectations.

Reduce the gap to 1st place, points-wise.

Finish 3rd as a minimum.

Go deep in Europe.

City and Pool are exceptionally good.
Cheatski are in transition and have lost a lot.
Arse are weak
United are in transition.

Comfortable 3rd, CL 1/4 final

Think the league will be something like

1 liverpool
2 city
(small gap)
3 us
(big gap)
4 chelsea
5 palace
6 arsenal