• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

200+ Nigerian schoolgirls kindapped - culprits selling them £7 each

If this is true as wrong as it is, why don't the west pay it and save them.

I know it would encourage this sort of thing more often but after you have brought the girls and given them back to their parents you wipe out the kidnappers.

If this is true as wrong as it is, why don't the west pay it and save them.

I know it would encourage this sort of thing more often but after you have brought the girls and given them back to their parents you wipe out the kidnappers.

In absolute numbers there are more slaves in the world today than there has ever been, at least from number I've seen.

Paying for their freedom is not a solution, unless your aim is just to solve this one big profile situation because the news of it has reached us and you would like to ease your conscience.

A military intervention might be a good solution, some places, sometimes. I have no idea if that's the case here.

Probably financed from our British aid

Born and educated in Britain...

http://www.channel4.com/news/aminu-sadiq-ogwuche-boko-haram-wales-nigeria
Nigeria is seeking the urgent extradition from Sudan of a Boko Haram terror suspect born and educated - and reportedly radicalised - in Britain

Slightly concerning to read of yet another Brit who's been brainwashed into becoming a terrorist, what with the notorious White Widow' lot behind the recent spate of bombings in Kenya.

He is about as representative of Islam as Breivik is of Christianity or Stalin is of Atheism.

But they have a disproportionate amount of power and influence and do not get greatly challenged by 'true' representatives of Islam.
Witness also the case appearing in Sudan where a court has sentenced a Christian woman to 100 lashes and then death for apostasy (abandoning the faith. Despite being raised a Christian) and adultery (as she's not married a Muslim her marriage to a Christian isn't legal)

I assume people would say that these law-givers and judges aren't representative of Islam either. But they're in charge of a country and enforcing laws. At what point DO they become representative?

But they have a disproportionate amount of power and influence and do not get greatly challenged by 'true' representatives of Islam.
Witness also the case appearing in Sudan where a court has sentenced a Christian woman to 100 lashes and then death for apostasy (abandoning the faith. Despite being raised a Christian) and adultery (as she's not married a Muslim her marriage to a Christian isn't legal)

I assume people would say that these law-givers and judges aren't representative of Islam either. But they're in charge of a country and enforcing laws. At what point DO they become representative?

I was talking about that one guy. From Boko Haram.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Fapatalk

He is about as representative of Islam as Breivik is of Christianity or Stalin is of Atheism.

Indeed, but it would still be nice to see all those people and I am not actually directing it at anyone on a message board more the liberals in the media who get offended when anyone says something negative about islam or muslims. I would like to see them come out and comment on how these terrorist's are forcing these young girls to convert.

You know just for balance and impartiality, because if people want to defend something they have to be open to it's criticisms.

Indeed, but it would still be nice to see all those people and I am not actually directing it at anyone on a message board more the liberals in the media who get offended when anyone says something negative about islam or muslims. I would like to see them come out and comment on how these terrorist's are forcing these young girls to convert.

You know just for balance and impartiality, because if people want to defend something they have to be open to it's criticisms.

I don't understand. Who should come out and condemn it exactly? Muslims? Or lefties?

It's clearly barbaric. And I have seen it being condemned in the Muslim world and media. But then again I don't expect all Christians to apologise for the crimes of the Catholic Church against children. I know they condemn it as humans.

Indeed. Might as well throw in King Leopold II, David Koresh and Adolf Hitler as being poster boys for Christianity plus Mao Zedong for atheism if anyone really thinks that Boko Haram are anything but a bunch of nutcases.

Pol Pot was educated at a Buddhist monastery and then Catholic school before becoming a Marxist radical whilst on a scholarship to study radio electronics in Paris, so that's 2 religions plus the French education system which he could be held partly culpable for him becoming a mass murderer.

I was talking about that one guy. From Boko Haram.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Fapatalk

One guy? From Boko Haram...
This Islam angle which you reply to is not really restricted to that one guy.
The entire organisation has co-opted and twisted religion in some way and it's a driving force for them, not just a label they pay lip service to.

Shekau has said “It is Allah that instructed us. Until we soak the ground of Nigeria with Christian blood and so-called Muslims contradicting Islam. After we have killed, killed, killed, and get fatigue and wondering what to do with their corpses — smelling of Obama, Bush and Jonathan (Nigerian president Goodluck) — will open prison and be imprison the rest. Infidels have no value.”

One guy? From Boko Haram...
This Islam angle which you reply to is not really restricted to that one guy.
The entire organisation has co-opted and twisted religion in some way and it's a driving force for them, not just a label they pay lip service to.

Shekau has said “It is Allah that instructed us. Until we soak the ground of Nigeria with Christian blood and so-called Muslims contradicting Islam. After we have killed, killed, killed, and get fatigue and wondering what to do with their corpses — smelling of Obama, Bush and Jonathan (Nigerian president Goodluck) — will open prison and be imprison the rest. Infidels have no value.”

The group is not representative of Islam. All mainstream Muslims say this. The vast majority. What do you want me to say to make you happy? That Islam is evil in its essence? It's about as evil as Christianity and Judaism in its essence. That's why I give you examples. Let's throw Mcveigh from Oklahoma trade centre bombing fame in there for good measure. A Christian fundamentalist.

I don't understand. Who should come out and condemn it exactly? Muslims? Or lefties?

It's clearly barbaric. And I have seen it being condemned in the Muslim world and media. But then again I don't expect all Christians to apologise for the crimes of the Catholic Church against children. I know they condemn it as humans.

The Catholic church does belatedly apologise for its crimes against children. I grew up with that faith, not that I believe in GHod I am not that mental. I still do not trust the Catholic church.

No the people that should come out and condemn the Muslim angle of this should be the leftie social commentators who denounce anyone who even suggests there might be an issue with a small portion of the Muslim community and there beliefs, and anyone who questions that small section of the muslim community because of the small number of dodgy incidents is denounced as a racist.

I await the Guardians/Observer piece debunking the myth that these poor girls were kidnapped and forced into religious clothing.

For me it is about consitency and I see a total lack of it in how some of our beloved liberal commentators like Polly at the Guardian speak and behave.

Back