• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daley Blind

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it will be basically be like playing vertonghen at LB?

How? What? Why? Because he's Dutch and moved positions?

-----------------------

Good article for me, less so about Blind, more so about FdB. I've wanted to see us bring in more passers into our central midfield for some time. I really rate Busquets and the job he does for Barca, a player in a similar role could do a lot for us I think.

-----------------------

Good article for me, less so about Blind, more so about FdB. I've wanted to see us bring in more passers into our central midfield for some time. I really rate Busquets and the job he does for Barca, a player in a similar role could do a lot for us I think.

it says he's played in that lb role to basically be the "third centre back". So he's main concern isn't to support the lm, get upfield and supply crosses but to offer that defensive presence and 'tuck in' when needed.

-----------------------

How do you expect him to play the Busquets role at LB?

it says he's played in that lb role to basically be the "third centre back". So he's main concern isn't to support the lm, get upfield and supply crosses but to offer that defensive presence and 'tuck in' when needed.

I'm pretty sure they're talking about his deep midfield/controlling midfield role that he's been moved to, not his role at left back as where he is the third centre back.

Like Busquets at Barca.

Edit: Second paragraph: "[...] but the last few months has seen him reinvent himself, moving into the heart of midfield where he continues to excel."

Fourth paragraph: "His energy and discipline has become the kernel around which the rest of the side’s panache is constructed. In the role Blind is essentially a ‘third centre-back’ – dropping between the central defenders – and conductor rolled into one."

He's certainly not "dropping between the central defenders from a left back position.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they're talking about his deep midfield/controlling midfield role that he's been moved to, not his role at left back as where he is the third centre back.

Like Busquets at Barca.

Edit: Second paragraph: "[...] but the last few months has seen him reinvent himself, moving into the heart of midfield where he continues to excel."

Fourth paragraph: "His energy and discipline has become the kernel around which the rest of the side’s panache is constructed. In the role Blind is essentially a ‘third centre-back’ – dropping between the central defenders – and conductor rolled into one."

He's certainly not "dropping between the central defenders from a left back position.

But we have Sandro and Capoue that are dm's?

i just want us to sign a natural LB that is able to support the attack whilst being defensively solid and Ben Davies is that guy for me.

Something a few people have been speaking about for a while on here, a DM who can use the ball. I still don't think it is our biggest problem area so maybe not the guy we need.

But we have Sandro and Capoue that are dm's?

i just want us to sign a natural LB that is able to support the attack whilst being defensively solid and Ben Davies is that guy for me.

I have no idea how good Blind is, what his strengths and weaknesses are. But this article ties in nicely with some of the "defensive midfielder" discussions in the Sandro thread and elsewhere. The wish to have your deepest midfielder not only as someone who defends well, but as a "metronome" (sorry, used in the article, I suck, Scott Parker isn't one etc), someone that can dictate play and the tempo of that play. A deep playmaker type.

It's something I've wanted since Carrick until Modric filled a similar role - although often as part of a two man midfield not the deepest player in midfield. It's something I've wanted since Modric left. To me, as someone that doesn't know anything about Daley Blind, that's the takeaway part of that story.

I agree that we also need a left back, but creativity in central/deep midfield is one of the absolute top priorities for me this summer.

-----------------------

Vertonghen's Belgian...

Daley Blind O:)

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back