• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2022

Sitting back, men behind the ball, let them have possession... Jose must be jealous of how we started ;)

If the socks were dark blue it wouldn't be too bad.
No not for me . The blue colour in the shirt is horrid.

Not paid to much attention this summer . Do we have a third kit ? Hope it’s nicer than this one . Don’t want to see us in it to much this season.

Right sod this . First time I’ve seen us pre season and it’s been a bit meh . Oops losing now sod it. I’ll wait till next week to watch us.

May I add that defending was as bad as the kit.

Personally I think Hojbjerg’s passing is underrated. And I thought Bissouma’s strengths were ball-winning and dribbling / press resistance, rather than passing?

I think PEH can play a nice pass but his awareness isn't great so misses opportunities to play dangerous balls quite regularly whereas Bentancur is more likely to spot those types of passes

We should be seeing some fluent moves and pattern of play this close to the start of the season, but I'm not seeing much of it.
I still maintain that I think we'll struggle early on this season.

Perisic definitely an upgrade. Good to have him. Bissouma can grow into the side. A bit shy but promising. Want him to demand the ball and run the midfield.

RWB is up for grabs. Moura probably edging it so far. Spence we haven’t seen much of, but could be a late runner to start the season at WB

I was expecting a tough friendly and so it has proven. I still maintain that our transfer business strengthened the squad and not the 'upper ability' of the team.

I would also love to see a different formation. So far it looks the same. Perhaps Conte is preparing a surprise for the league.

COYS

I was expecting a tough friendly and so it has proven. I still maintain that our transfer business strengthened the squad and not the 'upper ability' of the team.

I would also love to see a different formation. So far it looks the same. Perhaps Conte is preparing a surprise for the league.

COYS
I'd agree with that.
It's slightly improved the "first XI", but the main thing it's done is reduce the drop off when one or two players are not available/out of form. We've struggled with the last bit for a long time.

COYS

Perhaps, but Perisic is definitely an upgrade on Sessegnon and similarly Bissouma on PEH, so thats 2 out of 11 improved.

I was hoping for a new RWB though who would make an immediate difference. We might still land an attacking midfielder who gives us a different dimension too

With Perisic & Bissouma we have notably upgraded two starting XI positions - can't remember the last time we done that in a summer window?

Back