• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

I'm fairly confident that won't happen now after these hearings. The DOJ more or less confirmed that Trump is under federal investigation regarding the coup with the wording of their request for material from the committee.

Dunno, I had that confidence back in 2016 (although it wasn't helped for who he was running against) and they still went ahead with it. Nothing sticks to the man, if it was you or I then we'd have been jailed a long time ago.
If it happens to change and they do something against him, I think we'll just see more of the same.

Dunno, I had that confidence back in 2016 (although it wasn't helped for who he was running against) and they still went ahead with it. Nothing sticks to the man, if it was you or I then we'd have been jailed a long time ago.
If it happens to change and they do something against him, I think we'll just see more of the same.
Have you heard the confidential informer theory on Trump? I don't really believe it but it might explain why he is not in prison. I'm not sure how he has got away with some of the stuff he has either, even in the early days. He was intertwined with the Italian mob and Russian mob dealings for years and somehow avoided getting prosecuted. This time however I think his goose is cooked.

However, trumpism won't go away, even if he does. The MAGA genie is out of the bottle. To interpret the very partisan division in US politics now as in some way caused by Trump is incorrect IMHO. It is better to view Trump more as a permission slip for some to revel in their worse impulses, and boy have they. I can't remember who said this but Trump basically has done what he has always done. Take something that is already there, slap his name on it and pretend he built it.

Hundreds of millions ruled by a group of five people. So much freedom they end up with none in the end

Five people put in the position to make that ruling by the actions of millions of others.

Some with this very much at their aim. Others unknowingly supporting the work of these regressive assholes for a variety of nonsense reasons.

What about her emails? - abortion ban you mean?
He's gonna drain the swamp! - abortion ban you mean?
Can't a man just like beer? - abortion ban you mean?
The left are just about identity politics and social justice warriors. - abortion ban you mean.

That's not to say the left and center have no blame in this of course. But any defense or support of Trump and the republicans was and is support of these outcomes.

What is happening already is terrifying. We know some of what they'll want to target next, doesn't get any less terrifying. After that... fudge.

This is good

FWFZqaCXwAAZXuQ

Five people put in the position to make that ruling by the actions of millions of others.

Some with this very much at their aim. Others unknowingly supporting the work of these regressive assholes for a variety of nonsense reasons.

What about her emails? - abortion ban you mean?
He's gonna drain the swamp! - abortion ban you mean?
Can't a man just like beer? - abortion ban you mean?
The left are just about identity politics and social justice warriors. - abortion ban you mean.

That's not to say the left and center have no blame in this of course. But any defense or support of Trump and the republicans was and is support of these outcomes.

What is happening already is terrifying. We know some of what they'll want to target next, doesn't get any less terrifying. After that... fudge.
What's next up is the case of West Virginia vs. EPA. The repercussions of this case could effectively end federal climate policy in the US, and with it any slim chance to ward off truly catastrophic warming. Considering that the right-wing of the current supreme court is bought and paid for with Poch money we can guess where they will land. We are in a world of trouble.

Back