• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

I know what you mean but their fans would be exactly the same (if not worse) if the roles were reversed. I’m amazed their collapse isn’t getting more attention. 6 points clear of us in March with a game in hand and superior GD.
The mantle of bottlers seems to fall upon our beloved club more than other clubs. Yes, the Goons started horribly, and yes, they have fallen away spectacularly. And yes, they get the 'youngest squad, new manager' narrative not afforded to us. But, fcuk 'em all. We know they've bottled it, and it doesn't matter what the media or other fans say. Fcuk 'em all.

They've really managed to hard-claim this narrative of "at the start of the season we'd have killed to finish 5th with a chance of top 4"
Not enough pushback about what has, you know, actually happened within the season to amend hopes & expectations as the games played out"
"Plucky" Gunners

The mantle of bottlers seems to fall upon our beloved club more than other clubs. Yes, the Goons started horribly, and yes, they have fallen away spectacularly. And yes, they get the 'youngest squad, new manager' narrative not afforded to us. But, fcuk 'em all. We know they've bottled it, and it doesn't matter what the media or other fans say. Fcuk 'em all.

As I saw someone else say, I think our issue is that we haven't won a trophy in 14 years - that's why the 'bottlers' tag is particularly quick to be applied to us. Yes other teams have their moments too, like Arsenal have had recently, but at least they've still managed to win a few trophies along the way as well. So the 'bottler' pattern isn't quite so strong and entrenched as it is with us.

Still, absolutely no doubt Arsenal bottled top 4 this year, and I agree with you - fudge 'em all :D

They've really managed to hard-claim this narrative of "at the start of the season we'd have killed to finish 5th with a chance of top 4"
Not enough pushback about what has, you know, actually happened within the season to amend hopes & expectations as the games played out"

Arsenal were the bookies favourites for 5th at the start of the season and with United dropping out of the race that would make them the favourites for 4th in their place i assume.

They'll be back in 8th next season when they have european football to contend with anyway.

Isn’t their “new” manager in his third season now?

To be fair, until two months ago I reckon Man Utd, or maybe even West Ham, would have been favourites to finish 4th. Then Arsenal went on a good run while those two fell away.
Spam were never favorites to finish 4th. Nor Manure, for that matter. It was always going to be between us and Woolwich.

Back