• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory - Bursting Bubbles

milo

Jack L. Jones
Season 2 Episode 40

This week, @thfcsteff, @GPRD81 and @AuroRaman laugh loudly as they recap the walk in the park that was beating West Ham at the Lane. They also dive deep into the potential actions of modern marketing in football, and reveal that Romero and Bentancur are top class geometrists. They also break down why night games are simply supreme in Spurs country. All this while Milo was away DJing in Europe!

Apple Podcasts

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-game-is-about-glory/id1549996381

Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/show/2TL6nSBfDK0Dn7laU2Vcqp?si=zwUheITvQnSIyqyzKR0CE

Google Podcasts

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...2ahUKEwizwpz19K3vAhWD0YUKHf7ZBcgQ9sEGegQIARAC

RSS Feed

https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/5ff4636ed6e3f1135f46f0cb

Just on my way up to Birmingham for a work meeting and this has done me nicely up to Corley services.

The night game that sticks in my mind was the 3-3 vs Arsenal, which was such a brilliant game. Definitely a ‘crackler’.

Interesting to hear of your love of all things Coke and SF Giants @thfcsteff. You must be a huge fan of Oracle Park, with the huge bottle! I was there in 2013 and it’s an awesome stadium.

Great pod! I have determined that I prefer them after wins...who knew? I was surprised that no one mentioned the "Taxi for Maicon" game versus Inter.

My first night game watching Spurs was Villa at home in Aug/Sept 1995. 1-nil to villa, Ugo Ehiogu header.

Can't believe no one mentioned our crap defensive corner marking. This was the one major negative for me.

Doherty was unfortunate to slip and concede an unnecessary corner. In the first instance, Why was Son deployed on Dawson - one of their major danger men. Son was too easily brushed aside leaving Dawson a clear run and jump against our static defenders. Then why was no one marking the scorer, who was in acres of space.

From start to finish this was real amateur defending.

Just on my way up to Birmingham for a work meeting and this has done me nicely up to Corley services.

The night game that sticks in my mind was the 3-3 vs Arsenal, which was such a brilliant game. Definitely a ‘crackler’.

Interesting to hear of your love of all things Coke and SF Giants @thfcsteff. You must be a huge fan of Oracle Park, with the huge bottle! I was there in 2013 and it’s an awesome stadium.

Thanks as always! I remember them building it mate, and we used to live within walking distance. I used to bring my son (until he got older and moved out hahaha) so then my daughter got hooked. Yes, nice stadium for sure, but I always have to warn people to layer up/bring a thick blanket for night games as it gets cold.

Great pod! I have determined that I prefer them after wins...who knew? I was surprised that no one mentioned the "Taxi for Maicon" game versus Inter.

My first night game watching Spurs was Villa at home in Aug/Sept 1995. 1-nil to villa, Ugo Ehiogu header.

Thanks mate.The only thing I can think of is that none of us were present! That stands for Moura Ajax and VAR City too. One day I will tell the story as to why I had to choose between the Ajax SF and the Final (something to do with remaining married!) and how I gambled on us getting to the Final and winning it thus choosing the Final. Which would've been the greatest night game obv :-(

Can't believe no one mentioned our crap defensive corner marking. This was the one major negative for me.

Doherty was unfortunate to slip and concede an unnecessary corner. In the first instance, Why was Son deployed on Dawson - one of their major danger men. Son was too easily brushed aside leaving Dawson a clear run and jump against our static defenders. Then why was no one marking the scorer, who was in acres of space.

From start to finish this was real amateur defending.

Absolutely right, and the reason we chose not to go into that specific moment is because we have gone over our brick set-piece marking before. I felt Doherty lost concentration for split second personally, but no doubt, you're right, Sonny was culpable and not for the first time (I should clarify here specifically for letting Benrahma go free - that is his man but he has done this before)...

Last edited:
Back