• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Finance is not something that I know a great deal about. However, it strikes me as odd that everyone is talking about this as if it’s a done deal. £3 billion is a LOT of money for a football club. Further - and more importantly, I’d have thought - I’m not convinced that RA is in any kind of position to be demanding top whack for his club. He is NOT in a strong position to sell because everyone knows he is desperately trying to get it done before he gets sanctioned, booted out the country or whatever. Any prospective buyers will be well aware they he needs to sell far More than they need to buy. I simply cannot see any businessman paying even ‘going rate’ for Chelsea. Quick deal must surely equal a cheap deal.
I still have my fingers firmly crossed in the hope that this vile football club will end up slithering back to where it came from.

Probably why he's gone public. Try and start a bidding war. Whether that works or not we'll see. But there won't be that many people that can afford to be interested.

Probably why he's gone public. Try and start a bidding war. Whether that works or not we'll see. But there won't be that many people that can afford to be interested.
And all the people that have enough money to be able to afford generally do so by being shrewd in business. Ie not massively over paying for anything. I don’t think he will get anywhere near his asking price. I’m also wondering if the most ‘hilarious’ scenario is where he fails to sell and then sanctioned.

3 billion is a lot, I laughed at ENIC wanting that and we have a new stadium

Why would you spend 3 billion on Chelsea when you could by West Ham for a fraction of that with no debt, spend a billion on the playing side and still be better off?

And all the people that have enough money to be able to afford generally do so by being shrewd in business. Ie not massively over paying for anything. I don’t think he will get anywhere near his asking price. I’m also wondering if the most ‘hilarious’ scenario is where he fails to sell and then sanctioned.

I am not a finance expert. My north star here is, what is the worst outcome for chelsea fc and especially for their fans. That said, I almost kind of hope the Roman can get the best deal for himself, leaving less money available for the new owners to spend of the club, infrastructure, players, etc.

I only know about asset freezing when businesses are under legal challenge but I suspect it's the same rules.

In those cases, the business continues to run but there can't be anything transferred in or out to the owners. The business can swap cash for assets and vice versa because it's the owner who is being restricted, not the business.

According to the bbc usminov being sanctioned. Means it is illegal for uk businesses or citezens to do business with him or any of his businesses.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60611683

The sun reported that for abramovich if he did get sanctioned, they would try and carve out special rules. In order for chelsea to keep functioning.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17751863/chelsea-financial-roman-abramovich-uk-russia-sanctions/

3 billion is a lot, I laughed at ENIC wanting that and we have a new stadium

Why would you spend 3 billion on Chelsea when you could by West Ham for a fraction of that with no debt, spend a billion on the playing side and still be better off?
Been my biggest issue with most clubs valuations
There just wrong IMO
£3b for Chelsea when they dint actually own the pitch is a bit bonkers

According to the bbc usminov being sanctioned. Means it is illegal for uk businesses or citezens to do business with him or any of his businesses.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60611683

The sun reported that for abramovich if he did get sanctioned, they would try and carve out special rules. In order for chelsea to keep functioning.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17751863/chelsea-financial-roman-abramovich-uk-russia-sanctions/

Was just thinking. The worst thing that could happen to chelsea would not be for the uk to sanction abramovich. But other countries sanctioning him. The us or swiss do, thats likely the sale out the window. The eu do, no player trading in europe, no champions league. Sponsors might have to cancel. Doubt the eu would care about an english club suffering.

No wonder he wants a quick sale

Was just thinking. The worst thing that could happen to chelsea would not be for the uk to sanction abramovich. But other countries sanctioning him. The us or swiss do, thats likely the sale out the window. The eu do, no player trading in europe, no champions league. Sponsors might have to cancel. Doubt the eu would care about an english club suffering.

No wonder he wants a quick sale

I like it, who have you spoken to to get the ball rolling on this?

This Turkish buyer of chelsea is surely just a way for Amromovich to keep chelsea by proxy. Sell the legal entity to his friend, until he can divest of his asset for a good price. Or he might just keep the concern as Asimov has with Everton - essentially setting up a friend/associate to hold the company for them.

Back