• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Wijnaldum is a really good player, but because of the age issue we should definitely keep pursuing Paredes as first preference

Also him and Lo Celso are Argentina's main CM pairing (or as a trio with de Paul), so there's ready made wavelength

Not sure there would be much of a tax on a transfer fee because a midfielder is 31 - what's his contract situation?

Wijnaldum + Kessie in makes our options look a little better in midfield.

If we can only get say 3 years out of Wijnaldum, then we'll be writing off that fee (effectively Ndombele's value, if its a straight swap) over that period. I'd be amazed if we did that deal without a healthy slug of cash with it.

Wijnaldum is a really good player, but because of the age issue we should definitely keep pursuing Paredes as first preference

Also him and Lo Celso are Argentina's main CM pairing (or as a trio with de Paul), so there's ready made wavelength

What is Wijnaldums game? I honestly couldn’t tell you. Seen him get schooled a couple of times by Sissoko. Is he just a grafter that pops up with the odd goal? He’s not for me at all.

Obviously not a target for this window but Olise at Palace is going to be a star. Left footed players coming in from the right are like gold dust. I’ve seen him about 6 times now and he’s just getting better and better. Asks the right dangerous questions every time he gets into position.
Seems to have great end product

Obviously not a target for this window but Olise at Palace is going to be a star. Left footed players coming in from the right are like gold dust. I’ve seen him about 6 times now and he’s just getting better and better. Asks the right dangerous questions every time he gets into position.
At least 2 of us on here were saying he was a player we should’ve been paying the £8m release clause for last summer. So obvious he had huge talent just by seeing a couple of his games in the Championship.

Can’t see this being true. If it is then it suggests we have pretty much no money for transfers.

or Kessie is the main target, and is all tied up but won't be joining until the Summer so we need an extra half decent player to replace TN in the squad. If we were refusing a loan offers for N'Dombele and only asking for a perm transfer that would be more of a cry for money than just getting him out of the club on loan.

EDIT: Although the Sofyan Amrabat part is probably just an agent saying ''What about this fella, you need a midfielder right?'' lol. I'm sure we have plenty of irons in the fire right now, depending on whether we can shift TN, Dele, and others

or Kessie is the main target, and is all tied up but won't be joining until the Summer so we need an extra half decent player to replace TN in the squad. If we were refusing a loan offers for N'Dombele and only asking for a perm transfer that would be more of a cry for money than just getting him out of the club on loan.

I think we'll take any sort of deal for Ndombele in Jan, just to get rid of the noise

In terms of replacing him in terms of numbers in the squad, he isn't really playing at the moment so not really sure about that. Where it does become an issue is if all of Dele, GLC and Ndombele have opportunities to leave

I think we'll take any sort of deal for Ndombele in Jan, just to get rid of the noise

In terms of replacing him in terms of numbers in the squad, he isn't really playing at the moment so not really sure about that. Where it does become an issue is if all of Dele, GLC and Ndombele have opportunities to leave

Yep, It looks like all the best midfielders we would like are difficult to get in January (Kessie, Weston McKennie etc)

None were in the squad yesterday. White filled that role, which is probably a better option than Nordin Amrabat's brother, who doesn't get near the Fiorentina side.

Back