• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs clams***

Positives: A more attacking approach from the start. Didn't think he would start Ndombele. We tried, we pressed, we looked up for it.

Romero looks very good.

Some good defending at times, took a sei piece and a deflection for them to get away from us. To be fair they had other chances at the start of the second half and put us under pressure, but we did alright at first.

Loads of work left to be done. At least there are signs of us trying to get there by actually daring to play more expensive football, now to actually work on getting it right.

Because Nielsen is on there and brought me happiness when I was 16 and the only other time sadly was when Woodgates nose made me even happier.

I can understand that, but I hate to say it's almost certainly bringing bad luck.
You need to at least cut him out of the photo!

This is how I saw it, draw them in on one side and then the quick switch.

Except the switch never comes.
Think we saw things similarly then.

Really don't understand why we'd want the right sided central midfielder in a three to go into the congested areas in the centre and towards the left when we have the ball on the left with them pushing over.

Not wanting to get closer to Kante, one of the best ball winners in the world, when there's a different space available to be exploited. Seems like good decision making to me.

Find it weird and frustrating how Nuno plays Lo Celso in the front 3 and Dele in the middle 3. Surely they’d be more effective the other way around?

It is his fault that the team gave up, it’s his responsibility to make sure that they don’t. He is the manager, he has to better manage situations, instead of just sitting there.

He didn’t have many game changers on the bench but maybe he needs to have more faith in the younger players if they are the kind of player that could change matches. If we are going to lose, let’s give a player a chance to see what they can do.

Yes, he can’t manage player mistakes, that’s unfortunately part of football. He will have take action going forward from here and better manage corner defensive instructions so that the side is better prepared and aware of both their collective, and individual, responsibilities.

I know the loss is still raw but these posts are truly precious. Did you see our bench? He put on the only half decent players he had available. Faith in the younger players? Seriously. Who? Scarlett? Don't be ridiculous. I slated Nuno for last week's debacle but he comes out of this one unscathed in my eyes.

And let's put things in perspective... our season will not be defined by this game, for goodness sake. It will be by games like next week's... so let's hold back the arrows until then.

First half was veyr good. Then they made changes and Ndombele ran out of gas. Our midfield without him just doesnt work

I think today was an interesting example of what can go wrong when you really go for it from the start of the game. You need to score. If you don’t, it’s hard to recover the same intensity when the opposition inevitably switches it up, particularly when we need two goals rather than merely one to win.

I still don’t think either way around is right or wrong. I firmly believe in the key moments we have not done what we needed to do, a combination of bad luck and a lack of clinical instinct. But I think we will get there. Could be a tough weekend next week too, but I think we’ll eventually have some of these key moments fall our way and put a run together. Our squad is too good not to.

He would. Levy is waiting for Poch IMO
Your clutching at straws..
The only way this club is going to compete is to change things from top to bottom and
step things up like having the guts to sign top players when we have a good team instead of sign no one! and not sit on our hands for evermore..but I can,t see
that happening...in a million years!

Find it weird and frustrating how Nuno plays Lo Celso in the front 3 and Dele in the middle 3. Surely they’d be more effective the other way around?

It’s full of square pegs in round holes. Kane on the left for example.

The problem with Dele is he provides a disciplined graft element in a midfield 3, but pretty much nothing else unless he’s paired off Kane. He’s suffered most with Eriksen leaving imo.

The only thing that surprised me about today was that the Chelsea supporters appeared to manage an entire match without making hissing noises. Truly remarkable.

Positives: A more attacking approach from the start. Didn't think he would start Ndombele. We tried, we pressed, we looked up for it.

Romero looks very good.

Some good defending at times, took a sei piece and a deflection for them to get away from us. To be fair they had other chances at the start of the second half and put us under pressure, but we did alright at first.

Loads of work left to be done. At least there are signs of us trying to get there by actually daring to play more expensive football, now to actually work on getting it right.

Agree with most of that. The balance in midfield without Ndombele is badly wrong. When he goes PEH/Skipp/Dele you have 2 Cms and someone who isnt a midfielder. There is no creativity and a yawning gap to the forwards

If Nuno is going to survive, he need Ndombele fit for most league games and when he's out or being rested (eg for cup games) go 4-2-3-1 so you have more links between midfield and the forwards. The number 10 can link things up

We're a million miles of top 4, or Leicester, at the moment but I dont buy the fact that we should finish lower than say 7th.

Agree with most of that. The balance in midfield without Ndombele is badly wrong. When he goes PEH/Skipp/Dele you have 2 Cms and someone who isnt a midfielder. There is no creativity and a yawning gap to the forwards

If Nuno is going to survive, he need Ndombele fit for most league games and when he's out or being rested (eg for cup games) go 4-2-3-1 so you have more links between midfield and the forwards. The number 10 can link things up

We're a million miles of top 4, or Leicester, at the moment but I dont buy the fact that we should finish lower than say 7th.

I would go for 4-2-3-1 permanently. It's the only formation I see that can fit our players into round holes....

It's the hope isnt it. Think the worse, get surprised with a good 20mins, expectations rise, then before we know it we are chasing shadows at 2 nil down. Lets not forget we lost to the European Champions, a side with so many better options than us. How much was their bench worth? Most of us didnt give much hope, but it hurts to see the spark put out. Difficult day/match all round. We need to rethink, Kane doesnt look fit or interested, the goals need to come from somewhere else. I do wonder what they do in training sometimes. We are playing with fear, desperately need a good performance and result to match.

Back