• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

Size is nothing if you don't have the skills to go with it. Just ask your missus (you set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down :rolleyes:)
Doesn't seem to hold back Messi or our Lucas for that matter. Looks very exciting, we could have a real gem on our hands. I'm suddenly starting to be optimistic. Not a normal feeling for a Spurs fan. Might have a lie down, it'll pass.......
True, but adapting to it might take some time (don't ask your missus, she won't tell you the truth).

He'll get chances in the conference and LC at the very least, probably off the bench at first in the PL. When he's ready I have no doubt he'll get game time.

True, but adapting to it might take some time (don't ask your missus, she won't tell you the truth).

He'll get chances in the conference and LC at the very least, probably off the bench at first in the PL. When he's ready I have no doubt he'll get game time.
The thing is that I was thinking like you say he would get games in the cups and off the bench, but the way Bryan played I think now he should play more. He got a perfect timing on passing and movement. And a great touch. If he can play like he did last game, he will be hard to stop for any defence. Im shoure we got a top 10-20 player in the World here… its like not starting Haaland..

Size is nothing if you don't have the skills to go with it. Just ask your missus (you set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down :rolleyes:)
Doesn't seem to hold back Messi or our Lucas for that matter. Looks very exciting, we could have a real gem on our hands. I'm suddenly starting to be optimistic. Not a normal feeling for a Spurs fan. Might have a lie down, it'll pass.......

Agree, we could have got Zola but thought he was too small, look what he did for Chelsea.

Last edited:
The thing is that I was thinking like you say he would get games in the cups and off the bench, but the way Bryan played I think now he should play more. He got a perfect timing on passing and movement. And a great touch. If he can play like he did last game, he will be hard to stop for any defence. Im shoure we got a top 10-20 player in the World here… its like not starting Haaland..
It's really not until he does actually show that he can perform in our first team in league matches.

He'll get the chances to prove that sooner rather than later if he keeps performing in the cup games like he did against Pacos, maybe even before there are more cup games. Probably from the bench at first. Then it's up to him to take those chances.

If he doesn't at first that's also fine given his age and obvious talent along with what seems like a good attitude.

I wonder if we could deploy this guy as a more central midfielder eventually. Has a bit of Modric over him.

I was more thinking, with the signing of an overlapping fullback in HRH, that we could deploy him in the right of the attacking 3, coming inside onto his left foot. Sort of like Zaha does on the other side...

Yeah he played in the middle three against Pacos, and personally I think he looks more suited to that than the front three. (More of a creator than a goalscorer, with the work rate and stamina to get up and down the pitch ala Alli).

Seems to play more on the left than the right though, despite being left-footed.

We know our squad options now, maybe the Palace game will necessitate some new signings/fringe players to start some matches as our internationals come back. Maybe it’s just the hype of having a second Modric (albeit disguised as a winger/attacking midfielder)

We know our squad options now, maybe the Palace game will necessitate some new signings/fringe players to start some matches as our internationals come back. Maybe it’s just the hype of having a second Modric (albeit disguised as a winger/attacking midfielder)
Think he's away with Spain under 21/23?

If he wasn't/isn't I could see more of a chance of him starting vs. Palace. But he won't be any further along in his settling in process by being away.

Such quick feet and close control, plus tenacity and driving runs.

We need to get this lad involved as soon as we can.

Back