• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale: Is this our biggest ever signing?

Biggest ever transfer

• Ardiiles and Villa

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Klinmann

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Van Der Var

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Modric

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bale

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
He took a player on a couple times which was refreshing to see.

I wouldnt send him back in Jan though. We've invested the time in getting him fit - we should see whether he can produce in the second half of the season and then decide whether to take up the option for the second season or not. It would be a complete waste to send him back in jan and not know whether a match fit Bale could perform

He took a player on a couple times which was refreshing to see.

I wouldnt send him back in Jan though. We've invested the time in getting him fit - we should see whether he can produce in the second half of the season and then decide whether to take up the option for the second season or not. It would be a complete waste to send him back in jan and not know whether a match fit Bale could perform

I tend to agree with this. No point sending him back right now. May as well see the season out. But he needs to start producing. If the rest of his loan spell is like the first couple of months, his legacy at Spurs will be a bit tarnished.

I tend to agree with this. No point sending him back right now. May as well see the season out. But he needs to start producing. If the rest of his loan spell is like the first couple of months, his legacy at Spurs will be a bit tarnished.
Not even sure it’s an option, but unless it is blocking an oven ready replacement I’d keep him, although I think that’s because romantically live in hope he will come good.
My concern is it’s actually in his head now, he just doesn’t look like he wants to get that involved, possibly through fear of injury. I hope something clicks for him but it’s also hard to see opportunities in a set up that seems to sacrifice the offensive RWF position.

I was just pondering this question. Is this our biggest ever signing. Not in terms of the fee of course, but how does it rate when we look at previous transfers? Klinsmann, VDV, Modric, or dare I say it Ardiles and Villa?

Who could forget the tickertape reception they had. Unfortunately we lost that first game at home..but boy did we have some poor players in the team and it took a couple of years for us to look like a decent side.
For me Jimmy Greaves and Dave Mackay were great signings as well looking back over the years. Bill Nicholson said when he signed Mackay it changed the team completly with his dynamic enthusiasm. Even Greaves said Mackay was our best Spurs player ever.
He was mine as well!

Who could forget the tickertape reception they had. Unfortunately we lost that first game at home..but boy did we have some poor players in the team and it took a couple of years for us to look like a decent side.
For me Jimmy Greaves and Dave Mackay were great signings as well looking back over the years. Bill Nicholson said when he signed Mackay it changed the team completly with his dynamic enthusiasm. Even Greaves said Mackay was our best Spurs player ever.
He was mine as well!
Agree about Mackay. don't think there's ever been a player quite like him since.

When you look back, it's remarkable just how good our transfwr dealings were around that time. As well as Mackay and Greavsie, Nicholson also added Cliff Jones, John White and Bill Brown. And, in the years prior to Billy Nick's arrival we'd already bought Bobby Smith, Maurice Norman, Les Allen and one of the greatest of them all, Danny Blanchflower. All of whom went on to become regulars for the Double-winning side.

Even though it was a pre-season friendly, I'm still glad I got to see him live against NYRB (and a baby Kane too!). That was a decade ago remarkably, and while it hurt to see him go to RM, I still wished the best for him. He'll have plenty of memories from his career to recall to his grandkids, whether it was his hat-trick against Inter or how he tinkled off half the city of Madrid despite scoring a winning CL goal for them because he likes to whack tiny balls with a long stick.

Closest we've got is a CL winning assist - Sissoko.

images

Back