• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I dont know....they seemed to part on good terms. Question is whether Levy fired him because of Poch's mood being quite dark and spiralling down at the time, rather than because he actually though Poch wasnt up to the task

But would you take Poch or Potter? I think asking yourself that question, it becomes a no brainer as you say

From the little that has come out I don't think poch was sacked as such, more a parting of ways.
Levy and poch still speak very highly of each other.
Perez has said a few times that they expect to return.
One of masons first actions when appointed was to contact poch.
I don't think it will be that soon, but I do think it will happen.
Whether it's a good idea or not is another thing.

Yeah he is never gonna to under mine his current job without an offer on the table. The guys not stupid

I think there’s a difference between what Potter said this weekend, which was useful standard fare for a Manager not wanting to blow up their current spot, and ETH extending his contract and calling out what he has there. I may be wrong, but he doesn’t need to offer those quotes if was just intending for Ajax to get a bit more comp.

Plus, from the journos that seem to have a good inside line, there seemed to be a bit of ‘ETH didn’t turn down Spurs, they walked away’. I think something happened there that made it clear the visions weren’t entirely compatible.

I don’t think we’ve met Potter yet, in comparison.

I think there’s a difference between what Potter said this weekend, which was useful standard fare for a Manager not wanting to blow up their current spot, and ETH extending his contract and calling out what he has there. I may be wrong, but he doesn’t need to offer those quotes if was just intending for Ajax to get a bit more comp.

Plus, from the journos that seem to have a good inside line, there seemed to be a bit of ‘ETH didn’t turn down Spurs, they walked away’. I think something happened there that made it clear the visions weren’t entirely compatible.

I don’t think we’ve met Potter yet, in comparison.

Ten Hag didn't extend his contract, Ajax took up the option that they had to extend it. According to Ally Gold, we were concerned that Ten Hag was using our reported interest as leverage at Ajax.

Ten Hag didn't extend his contract, Ajax took up the option that they had to extend it. According to Ally Gold, we were concerned that Ten Hag was using our reported interest as leverage at Ajax.

I still come back to the same point: if he wanted our job, he would make it happen.

Agree and this bit is the worrying thing as I’m sure ETH would have said he’s happy at Ajax but is tempted by the offer but understandably he probably asked what funds are available to improve the team and who identifies the players.

When he was most likely told we have to sell to buy and hitchen chooses the players I’m sure the talks went downhill from there.

Levy needs to sort naming rights, get an nfl franchise, get outside investment, whatever it is he needs to find an injection of cash fast, otherwise we will find ourselves joining arsenal as a midtable club where the revenues from CL will be a mere pipe dream.

This could even lead to dwindling attendances as more and more fans simply cant take the constant heartbreak this club routinely delivers into their lives.

Nothing has happened so far that he has had control over. He could still join us, we will just have to pay more compensation.

Sure, fine.

Indulge for a second the idea that some of the journos that were being briefed on the interaction, how do you explain the ‘we pulled back, he didn’t reject us’ line coming from Spurs? We were worried he was using us for leverage? Ok...then what? Do we still want him?

If we pulled back, what realistic reasons are there for us doing so?

Sure, fine.

Indulge for a second the idea that some of the journos that were being briefed on the interaction, how do you explain the ‘we pulled back, he didn’t reject us’ line coming from Spurs? We were worried he was using us for leverage? Ok...then what? Do we still want him?

If we pulled back, what realistic reasons are there for us doing so?

Different, unconnected things can happen. Ajax probably triggered the extension because of our interest, to either hold onto him or get more compensation. Separately from that, we might have decided not to include him on the shortlist. Alternatively, he might be on the shortlist and the walkaway stories might be false. We do know that no one has been offered the job yet.

ETH’s comments post his contract being extended indicate that he is not interested in any of the available manager jobs out there at the moment.

I meant a manager who has a tracked record of top 4 finishes

:D:oops:

EpNizZ9XIAESyA-.jpg

Two weeks to go til the end of the season, and the intention was to have the new man in by then. Can't wait til we do - at the moment it feels like the club is drifting. Kind of inevitable I guess and first step was getting rid of the cancer than is Jose, but just desperate for us to move on and restore some pride

Two weeks to go til the end of the season, and the intention was to have the new man in by then. Can't wait til we do - at the moment it feels like the club is drifting. Kind of inevitable I guess and first step was getting rid of the cancer than is Jose, but just desperate for us to move on and restore some pride
That's not what was said. Also, we can't appoint a manager before the end of the season if that manager is still employed somewhere else.

Back