• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Oh I agree
Was just trying to think of a better side that doesn’t press.
Bale can offer so much going forward but in our half of the pitch he is a passenger
Presumably why Jose kept him under wraps for so long. Needs to be super fit, super fresh and well up for it. Did a bit of pressing against Palace and Zagreb but he's never going to sustain any level for that long. Certainly not three games a week.

Main reason ZZ ditched him imo.

First time I think internationals can help a player.

He's about as fit as he's been for two years, won't hurt for him to get a couple of 90 minute sessions under his belt in the internationals

First time I think internationals can help a player.

He's about as fit as he's been for two years, won't hurt for him to get a couple of 90 minute sessions under his belt in the internationals

Completely. Would also put pressure on Jose to start him v Saudi Sportswashing Machine if he does play for Wales

Whether this season ends up being deemed a success for him or not, it would be a crying shame for him not to have got the reception he would have done from the fans at NWHL.

Bale is essentially playing a game of chicken with Madrid, the worst that can happen is he gets paid 600k a week to not play football for a year, I’d imagine he either wants at least the same time actually play and then enter the market as a free agent to maximise his final contract.

Apart from one or two great moments in games it has been a waste of time and money, IF the season ends in the same way then we should send him back IMO.
Yet despite not being fully fit, hardly playing until recently and readjusting to the league he’s still scored more prem goals than Bergwijn, Moura and Lamela put together this season! Would like to see him do it in a big game too but he has also proved that we do need more threat from that side of the pitch.

Even if Gareth wants to stay and we want him to stay. Coming out and saying that isn’t to his advantage. If Real think he’s happy to go back to Madrid then they will be more flexible with any team by covering part of his wages. If he comes out and says I’d like to stay(at spurs)or leave Madrid then he’s opened himself up to negotiations with Madrid. Things haven’t gone swimmingly for Bale during his return but there have been a few good moments. I think he wants to screw Madrid out of every penny he can personally as he feels they have screwed him a bit.

Regarding the being fit for Wales comment, it was asked in an international football setting...

Back