• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory - Podcast Episode 1

Totally get that and with it being the first episode there's a whole load of talking points stretching back further that people wanted to touch on too.

One other thing i felt that did come across was that it seemed on most points everyone was more or less in agreement - Mourinho bad, Dele Good, Wolves result bad, Ndombele good etc - going forwards you'd need to try and find a way to have a couple of you playing Devils Advocate just to avoid the risk of it sounding like an echo chamber.

Are you working on the next episode?

We've been doing them every week for a little while but with different people taking part based on availability. This was the first one that we felt brave enough to put out.

Agreed on taking different positions. I think that will be easier as we get to know each other better and what prep we need to do. We don't want to lose the spontaneity though.

The next episode will be recorded on Sunday and (hopefully) out next week.

Well done lads. An excellent first attempt.

As has been said a bit more structure might be a good idea - match discussion , single player focus, upcoming match discussion, feature topic maybe tied into the forum in some way, whatever.

Keep it going. Liked it.

Cheers

Also note guys that it was recorded approx 2 hrs after the Wolves game. It's probably not the best time to record things (might be if you publish it straight away RAW style) as you are still very much digesting the game BUT we are limited on schedules as there are 3 continents to consider and timings are tricky.

Thanks for the comments though.

Really, really appreciate all the feedback.
Very good stuff, everyone made some great points.

We will all get onboard audio quality-wise over time, bear with us.

We'd love to get others involved. The primary function for us is to have a chat and exchange in a "social" way, so anyone who wishes to join us please let us know.

Also note guys that it was recorded approx 2 hrs after the Wolves game. It's probably not the best time to record things (might be if you publish it straight away RAW style) as you are still very much digesting the game BUT we are limited on schedules as there are 3 continents to consider and timings are tricky.

Thanks for the comments though.

Ah didn't know that it was recorded straight after the game, for some reason i thought i heard 24 hours mentioned.

Perhaps then in future when it's all a lot more comfortable/familiar you could make use of such recordings and purposefully release them as a raw/immediate reaction to the game played?

I dread to think what I'd have sounded like 2 hours after some of our games this season so in that respect you done well haha

Ah didn't know that it was recorded straight after the game, for some reason i thought i heard 24 hours mentioned.

Perhaps then in future when it's all a lot more comfortable/familiar you could make use of such recordings and purposefully release them as a raw/immediate reaction to the game played?

I dread to think what I'd have sounded like 2 hours after some of our games this season so in that respect you done well haha

I think I got fairly close here? Hahahahahaha. You should join us sometime if you're up for it, if nothing else it's great to meet people here. I think you'd be a royal contributor.

Yes I did disappear half way through. Kids to bed and myself. Thanks for all the feedback. Especially the pronunciation stuff. You need to hear steff calling Jose Hose in our first few. Lol

Just want to say that if anyone wants to join us for a zoom chat and doesn't want it recorded then we can drop a session in just for that. This is all about meeting other Spurs fans and having a laugh. In this current weird world it is all about people being able to find respite from lockdown. So do let us know if you just want to join us for a regular chat and we can find a way to facilitate!

I agree with some of the points @Bullet makes, especially about the marketing stuff and the duration. I very rarely watch or listen to any video or podcast that's more than 30-45 minutes long.
Can't really fault anyone's opinions, but I guess it would good to have the someone with a different view, as otherwise it can get a bit repetitive.
Looking forward to the next episode!

I agree with some of the points @Bullet makes, especially about the marketing stuff and the duration. I very rarely watch or listen to any video or podcast that's more than 30-45 minutes long.
Can't really fault anyone's opinions, but I guess it would good to have the someone with a different view, as otherwise it can get a bit repetitive.
Looking forward to the next episode!

Totally agreed, and we're all hoping some will jump on board.

I listen to a podcast a day... mainly whilst out walking or in the gym

45 mins max in two halves ideally I’d say is max

physical references really don’t help (go clockwise, see their faces)

time references too (yesterday’s draw, rather than the draw with wolves) should be avoided to frame the conversation

humour works well. I’m 5 minutes in and it’s a serious convo other than the brief comment on governments corona strategy... that could be made more humourous

I’d also suggest using none real names. As in using your online names or similar. I like the fitting rooster as you know the character of each individual. It’s easy because their distinct “personas”. I know most people of this board form their comments but can’t identify from the names, whose who so far

I’ll keep on listening

sound quality so ok by the way

I spend most of my life listening to Spurs podcasts so having been on this forum on and off since 2004 I'm intrigued to listen and would be very happy to contribute.

However, I cannot find it on Acast via my phone so can only listen through the PC.

Before listening my general feedback is that there are so many Spurs podcasts out there that you need to find some sort of USP - what would make someone want to listen to this rather than Fighting rooster, Last Word on Spurs, Extra Inch, View from the Lane, Hotspurs Podcast etc. I have my usual running order that I listen to after each game - those I will always listen to and some that I will listen to some weeks if I have time and others that I have unsubscribed from.

However, once I've heard 2 or 3 different podcasts discuss the same match and incidents I dont really need to hear a fourth. So, its really important that as a podcast you can do one or more of the following:

1. Provide genuine insight that most of us won't know - this is why I really like 'View from the Lane' as at least one of them is reporting from the game and has attended pre and post match interviews which provides some valuable context.
2. Tell me something I don't already know or have considered - The Extra Inch provides some tactical context and reasoning to what we've just seen. Equally Last Word on Spurs is far poorer for not having Jason McGovern on to provide some slightly off centre but well considered and articulated views.
3. Really well articulated and considered opinions - Extra Inch again. When Rule the Roost is recorded they are excellent communicators and not just applying knee-jerk reactions.
4. Well planned with a clear narrative and flow - The Fighting rooster is really well put together even if some of the content isn't to everyone's taste!
5. Really knowledgable - as someone has mentioned having a fixture list or record of recent games is really important; I had to stop listening to The Spurs Show as it frustrated me how infrequently they knew who the next game was against or whether it was home or away!
6. Good characters and chemistry - this clearly only comes with time but what sets the better pods apart.

Have you defined a purpose? - it is a way of making this forum more dimensional? is it trying to add to what is already out there? There are merits to both of these but probably important to give some thought to.

Will you have the same panellists on each week? If so, listeners will become more familar with each as time goes on - will recognise individual voices etc - it took me a good 12 months to distinguish between the crew on Fighting rooster for example.

All of this is only my opinion so hope its helpful but real credit to you all for putting this together; I'll look forward to listening to more!

Last edited:
I spend most of my life listening to Spurs podcasts so having been on this forum on and off since 2004 I'm intrigued to listen and would be very happy to contribute.

However, I cannot find it on Acast via my phone so can only listen through the PC.

Before listening my general feedback is that there are so many Spurs podcasts out there that you need to find some sort of USP - what would make someone want to listen to this rather than Fighting rooster, Last Word on Spurs, Extra Inch, View from the Lane, Hotspurs Podcast etc. I have my usual running order that I listen to after each game - those I will always listen to and some that I will listen to some weeks if I have time and others that I have unsubscribed from.

However, once I've heard 2 or 3 different podcasts discuss the same match and incidents I dont really need to hear a fourth. So, its really important that as a podcast you can do one or more of the following:

1. Provide genuine insight that most of us won't know - this is why I really like 'View from the Lane' as at least one of them is reporting from the game and has attended pre and post match interviews which provides some valuable context.
2. Tell me something I don't already know or have considered - The Extra Inch provides some tactical context and reasoning to what we've just seen. Equally Last Word on Spurs is far poorer for not having Jason McGovern on to provide some slightly off centre but well considered and articulated views.
3. Really well articulated and considered opinions - Extra Inch again. When Rule the Roost is recorded they are excellent communicators and not just applying knee-jerk reactions.
4. Well planned with a clear narrative and flow - The Fighting rooster is really well put together even if some of the content isn't to everyone's taste!
5. Really knowledgable - as someone has mentioned having a fixture list or record of recent games is really important; I had to stop listening to The Spurs Show as it frustrated me how infrequently they knew who the next game was against or whether it was home or away!
6. Good characters and chemistry - this clearly only comes with time but what sets the better pods apart.

Have you defined a purpose? - it is a way of making this forum more dimensional? is it trying to add to what is already out there? There are merits to both of these but probably important to give some thought to.

Will you have the same panellists on each week? If so, listeners will become more familar with each as time goes on - will recognise individual voices etc - it took me a good 12 months to distinguish between the crew on Fighting rooster for example.

All of this is only my opinion so hope its helpful but real credit to you all for putting this together; I'll look forward to listening to more!

We've only saved it in draft form at the moment because we wanted to share it with GG and get feedback from you all before we went fully public. So it can only be accessed on a browser at the moment.

I completely agree on your other points and they are stuff that we are working on.

Back