• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Had a good game again, important player for us.

Gave Davies a good opportunity, had a couple of chances himself and provided the corner Son scored from.

Of course brickhousing and breaking up their play (no fudging way we drew that West Ham game with him on pitch)

Totally hilarious watching him foul a burnley player then steal their water pour it on himself on a cold night and walk away ..

His general game is improving in my opinion with the consistent game time.

Sent from my SM-N960F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I genuinely think if the lad passed the ball quickly and had a half decent right foot (or atleast confidence to use it regularly) he could be a very special player.

An assists of the assists type player who do not get the praise they deserve.

I genuinely think if the lad passed the ball quickly and had a half decent right foot (or atleast confidence to use it regularly) he could be a very special player.

An assists of the assists type player who do not get the praise they deserve.
He's so close to be very very good. Quicker decision making in general would make a lot of difference. It's funny how often we complain about players functioning purely on instinct and in Lamela we have one who probably would perform better if he that more.

I do wonder whether he was like he is at Roma as I never thought he was the type of player he is when he joined?
He was an right sided inside forward/ attacking midfielder with the expectation that he would move inwards as his career progressed and become more of an orthodox AM. I think the various periods of injury and maybe even Eriksen's form have hampered his development along that path. He was never truly fast enough or a good enough dribbler or even a player with killer instinct to play inside forward.

I vaguely remember a few periods where he did play centrally and looked quite promising but then got some injury that knocked back any of that progress.

He was an right sided inside forward/ attacking midfielder with the expectation that he would move inwards as his career progressed and become more of an orthodox AM. I think the various periods of injury and maybe even Eriksen's form have hampered his development along that path. He was never truly fast enough or a good enough dribbler or even a player with killer instinct to play inside forward.

I vaguely remember a few periods where he did play centrally and looked quite promising but then got some injury that knocked back any of that progress.
I think he technically is very good and has talent. Just learning to release the ball (it's almost like a tic with him)would improve him 20%.

I remember he scored quite a few for Roma the season before we bought him and his signature goal was that Van Persie stylee cut in on to your left and bury it in the bottom corner.

Back