• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2019-20

Berbatov was class, his style was different to Keane, I loved them both however you cant compare Keane whose game was to be nippy and a pain and Berbatov who was without doubt one of the best finishers in the league at his time with us. Thats why they complimented and your example maybe shows why Ramos did not last.

Berbatovs brilliance was sitting in the hole to get space which was also seen as lazy, he said it till he was blue in the face about the reasoning and he was proved right.

He played 40 games a season for United, was he not top scorer in the prem one season too? maybe thinking of wrong person but didnt he score 4 in one game?

A goal every other game, the bloke was world class....

Yes he was.

It's borderline pathetic TBH

Top of the assists in the league for two seasons above Hazard and De Bruyne, key player in our Champions League final run with key goals in big games. The big game player is lazy too I can list scores of big games he scored or contributed, players that go missing in big games don't contribute in as many as he did. All players in the world have bad games, I could highlight many for any player, doesn't mean they go missing in all big games.

He was top top class for us, anything else is just bitter and twisted

He was good for a few years then turned into a lazy cnut. Anyone who has been married will know your dinners often end up following a similar pattern.

There is definitely a form of jilted lover syndrome when players leave from some fans. Same nonsense when Walker left. Soon as Toby was having contract negotiations and Poch benched him you had people claiming after about 5 minutes that “it’s ok Sanchez is better anyway”. Fair enough if you hold that view after a year or two but do you maybe want to wait more than 10 games before deciding he’s already better than a player who was a significant player in the best defence in the league for two seasons?

I personally don’t hold it against players when they leave. Didn’t blame Walker or Carrick. I was baffled when fans booed Robbie Keane. It was common knowledge he was a Liverpool fan before he event went there. I only take offence when players don’t try and go on strike essentially like Bale, Berbatov and Modric did. If I’m being totally honest, I would have liked to have seen more effort from Eriksen for the last 12-18 months he was here but I don’t hold any grudges with him now.

Thing is, that was probably a reasonable thought before he left, if the move has shown one thing, it's not Eriksen was lacking effort, he's just not the player he was.

Personally I think Poch broke him, overplayed him, over trained him, made him onto too much of a workhorse, asked him to do too much defensively .. I don't know if it's he's just lost the love for the game, if he's mentally not the same player .. but different country, different club, same result ..

Back