• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v Arsenal

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah it’s pretty scummy of him TBH
He made the comments and they were clear

The real grim moment for me is the "apology" vid with the main dude after where Claude makes out that it was a joke about Spurs releasing a DVD of the win (despite it being the exact moment that Son was being subbed), then says that Fat Frank had referred to Spurs releasing DVDS of wins in an interview which in turn makes him racist too.

I'm not going to try and pile on the hatred because of the Arsenal thing, it's too easy. It should serve as a case study to someone knowingly saying something racist on film, to then have the gall to claim he didn't phrase himself well to then randomly point the racist sign up at someone else in a blatantly illogical analogy. Sometimes I think it's crazy how people get so far along in life without being able to acknowledge and take responsibility for words or actions but then I remember who is in charge on the other side of the pond.

The real grim moment for me is the "apology" vid with the main dude after where Claude makes out that it was a joke about Spurs releasing a DVD of the win (despite it being the exact moment that Son was being subbed), then says that Fat Frank had referred to Spurs releasing DVDS of wins in an interview which in turn makes him racist too.

I'm not going to try and pile on the hatred because of the Arsenal thing, it's too easy. It should serve as a case study to someone knowingly saying something racist on film, to then have the gall to claim he didn't phrase himself well to then randomly point the racist sign up at someone else in a blatantly illogical analogy. Sometimes I think it's crazy how people get so far along in life without being able to acknowledge and take responsibility for words or actions but then I remember who is in charge on the other side of the pond.
Hey I’m no angel
I sang the Adebayor song with other fans subconsciously knowing it was racist but not meaning it as racist if that makes sense. I regret that now because there is no excuse
But I’ll hold my hands up and admit it rather than hide
I think too many people are keen to air their voices in places like AFTV to earn the coin and then in though their actually bloody stupid

Hey I’m no angel
I sang the Adebayor song with other fans subconsciously knowing it was racist but not meaning it as racist if that makes sense. I regret that now because there is no excuse
I think too many people are keen to air their voices in places like AFTV to earn the coin and then in though their actually bloody stupid

Yeah I've referred to Chelsea by a homophobic term on here. I sort of knew it when I was doing it but it was only when someone pointed out how offensive it is that I stopped and thought about how wrong it is. Especially when you read that letter that was released over the weekend from a gay footballer. Real heartbreaking stuff.

I have to say, when I watched it at the time (I’ve only watched once), I heard Claude mention something about dvds and I just assumed he was talking about Spurs releasing one for the win? I mean, we sing about that even ourselves.

I might have another watch.

Edit: video taken down so not possible now. Think he’s been hard done by then on my initial reaction, certainly wasn’t my take that he was referencing Son, rather the well known, long running joke that we make dvds of wins.

Last edited:
Hey I’m no angel

I applaud your honesty mate it's the best way to be. Obviously with cancel culture in full effect and social media being what it is, it can seem like we're all just waiting for the next celeb or whoever to slip up but nobody is perfect and we've all said things we regret and potentially have caused offence. People like to make out it's a massive effort in this day and age with PC gone mad and all of that. Big thing for me is the intent as you say. I wrote a bit more but thought it best not to lay it all out here in the Arse OMT, nice to revive the thread though!

It's only right he's been removed, it's about education, Claude will surely learn from this, as will the impressionable youngsters who follow that channel and take the time to learn why that comment is racist

I have to say, when I watched it at the time (I’ve only watched once), I heard Claude mention something about dvds and I just assumed he was talking about Spurs releasing one for the win? I mean, we sing about that even ourselves.

I might have another watch.

Edit: video taken down so not possible now. Think he’s been hard done by then on my initial reaction, certainly wasn’t my take that he was referencing Son, rather the well known, long running joke that we make dvds of wins.

There’s a 15 second clip of it on YouTube. It makes it clear he’s talking about Son which as Spurspinter said then makes that video they made afterwards absurd. They are like two stupid schoolboys making up an excuse no-one would believe.

There’s a 15 second clip of it on YouTube. It makes it clear he’s talking about Son which as Spurspinter said then makes that video they made afterwards absurd. They are like two stupid schoolboys making up an excuse no-one would believe.
Yea he says “dvds going off” when the clock is saying 90 minutes.

originally I thought/assumed he was talking about Spurs making one, but looking at the timing he may be talking about the substitution of Son.

I applaud your honesty mate it's the best way to be. Obviously with cancel culture in full effect and social media being what it is, it can seem like we're all just waiting for the next celeb or whoever to slip up but nobody is perfect and we've all said things we regret and potentially have caused offence. People like to make out it's a massive effort in this day and age with PC gone mad and all of that. Big thing for me is the intent as you say. I wrote a bit more but thought it best not to lay it all out here in the Arse OMT, nice to revive the thread though!
I think we should all just try to not be dingdongs
I did things at 20 that I wouldn’t do at 44
I do things at 44 I wouldn’t do 30
I don’t try to be racist, I actively try to be the opposite but I’m not perfect, and as long as I sincerely try I’m ok with it

Yeah it’s pretty scummy of him TBH
He made the comments and they were clear
I never really saw much of AFTV but saw some snippets of the last match. The main guy doesn’t seem that bad but one who’s up at the front must be on drugs and it seems unnatural to whip up that much hostility and anger watching a game of football on tv. I guess it’s what makes the money for hits though, no one would be interested in what I thought was the larger Goon demographic of 3 middle class fans with their red and white scarves over a 70’s retro kit lamenting Aubameyang’s finishing over a bottle of red.

I never really saw much of AFTV but saw some snippets of the last match. The main guy doesn’t seem that bad but one who’s up at the front must be on drugs and it seems unnatural to whip up that much hostility and anger watching a game of football on tv. I guess it’s what makes the money for hits though, no one would be interested in what I thought was the larger Goon demographic of 3 middle class fans with their red and white scarves over a 70’s retro kit lamenting Aubameyang’s finishing over a bottle of red.

Not much of a stereotype profile, you left out the glasses, designer beard, maroon trousers and jumper tied round their shoulders, dont get me started on what the blokes look like.

Great to beat our North London rivals Arsenal ! But we cannot get carried away as Arsenal are just another mid table club like us now. Also we seem to play better against big teams at home as we have now beaten ManCity and Arsenal and drew with ManU at home. Remember we could have beaten ManU if not for the late penalty. Credit to Son and Alderweireld for the goals. But too bad Kane didn't score. Son also assisted the goal for Alderweireld but he really should have passed to Kane late in the match. We should learn to pass to each other to kill the game off. Wish we can improve our record against small teams especially away.

Here's Claude giving an apology another go. Still not open about why he said it but does appear remorseful.
It is a shame as Claude has always been one of the decent ones on there (not that I care that much)

Back