• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

So not mathematically then. As, obviously massively unlikely, Chelsea and us could have an 11 goal swing. And thinking about it, if we lost two and they won two, it would only need to be all 3-0 and that would happen!

Just so I've got this straight in my head, is fourth now a guaranteed Champions League spot?

If Liverpool were to win the thing this year and one of Arsenal and Chelsea win the Europa League, there would still be no problem as Liverpool are already in it via Premier League finishing spot.

Just so I've got this straight in my head, is fourth now a guaranteed Champions League spot?

If Liverpool were to win the thing this year and one of Arsenal and Chelsea win the Europa League, there would still be no problem as Liverpool are already in it via Premier League finishing spot.

Correct - England can have five teams in the CL but not six.

The only scenario where 4th doesn't get you CL has us finishing outside the top 4.

This may be unpopular but I'm cheering on United tonight as I would much prefer they got 4th over Chelsea or Arsenal and will place my (misguided?) faith that Spurs will do enough in the last three games to secure 3rd

This may be unpopular but I'm cheering on United tonight as I would much prefer they got 4th over Chelsea or Arsenal and will place my (misguided?) faith that Spurs will do enough in the last three games to secure 3rd

Long term, best result for us is Chelsea to get top 4, RA is no longer investing, in the next year they will have a transfer ban, and Hazard will leave.

Scum and United getting more money and having CL to attract players is a worse proposition for us as a club.

Trust in ourselves to do our bit .. fudge the rest

Absolutely not, for me. Logic is thus:

If Chelsea finish 4th thats ideal, living in hope of their transfer ban sticking.

Which leaves Arsenal and Utd out of CL and in desperate need of squad rebuilding work, which will suffer as not CL football to offer.

Arsenal are looking ever more like a 6th/7th placed EUROPA league side, another couple of windows out of the CL can only help that.

And Utd want to do a major over haul, selling off the crown jewels and replacing with? Well nobody as good as what they could get were they in the CL.

I think the only way 4th loses its Champions league spot is if we finish 5th but win CL, and Ar5ena1 or cheatski finish 6th but win EL.

We could always intentionally throw the top 4 spots to Chelsea and Arsenal, finish 5th but then go on and win the Champions League. Thus taking the CL spot from whomever finishes 4th (they can't both win the EL after all!).

Oh, and we'd beat Liverpool in the CL final, who've already finished runners up to City in the league, leaving them trophyless again.

The dream. :p:D

We could always intentionally throw the top 4 spots to Chelsea and Arsenal, finish 5th but then go on and win the Champions League. Thus taking the CL spot from whomever finishes 4th (they can't both win the EL after all!).

Oh, and we'd beat Liverpool in the CL final, who've already finished runners up to City in the league, leaving them trophyless again.

The dream. :p:D

I'll take sewing up 3rd nice and early and not adding more pressure on the cup games, thanks.

Back