• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

This is the thing you have to worry about. It will be too difficult, costly and disruptive to expand the stadium in the future. Being a London club with rich history and huge fan base, really think we should have a stadium capacity of around 80,000. Really annoyed that ManU have a huge stadium capacity which no other club can even come near which means they can always buy any players with their huge profit.
I’m sure this is a wind up but I’ll bite.

Man United’s match day revenue is not the biggest, they charge less for tickets than London clubs and don’t have the biggest corporate offer.

Arsenal actually make the most and I expect we will overtake them with our more creative approach to the extras on sale after the initial cost. United’s money comes from the commercial side, they are a massive global brand with a huge presence in Asia. They have sponsors queuing up to stick their name in their training ground.

EDit: United do now have the largest match day revenue in the prem , around £7m more than Goons per season but the argument that this isn’t their big financial outlier and that we can overtake them should still stand.
I find it a little disappointing that the stadium isn’t even open and it’s being touted as not good enough. It will have the largest capacity in London but if spammers really get to use the full capacity of their rented white elephant do you really think that is superior to our offer? It’s not just about bums on seats, it’s about creating an intimidating atmosphere to give us the most home advantage we can get and it’s better to have 62k who really want to be there than 80k who have taken advantage of a cheap ticket as part of their London holiday or a vocal fan sitting is far away they don’t feel part of the action. Don’t forget the NFL opportunity, 8 games at full capacity could generate around a third more of match day income which could conceivably give us a stream that would be 50% more than anyone else in the league. Concerts, boxing could all be possible once the general public has experienced the advantage of the internal design.
The other thing that I still think needs to be considered is the public transport and scheduling of games. It’s fine if there is a bit of a wait for a train on a Saturday afternoon, especially if you are able to stay after the game. A January Monday nighter or a Sunday 4.30 don’t offer the same opportunity to disperse the crowd gradually and this will become off putting it the trains capacity and frequency has not been upgraded to the same level of our capacity increase, I.e. almost 3/4 more.

Last edited:
Just called the club as I have misplaced my season ticket card and they will do their best to get a replacement out to me this week. OK thanks, how do I pay the £15 charge? No sir, there is not one this time.

Apparently loads of other bells have not used theirs and put them somewhere where they cannot find them, so doesn't look like they are charging us. That's nice of spurs.

So nice to see all the videos and pictures. I too am saving myself for the Palace game. Only downside sitting in the single tier stand is that I can't see what it looks like! I'll have to take a wonder around when I'm there.

It's brilliant that the club has other things going on in the hope people come early and leave later. I have no doubt it will work fine for the rest of this season and next. The novelty will wear off after that. I personally run back to the car after the whistle has blown to beat traffic and get home. I go to the games on my own so it's not much of a social event for me.

I've already seen the outside of the stadium and the shop, I'm counting down the days to sit in my seat and hopefully watch us beat Palace!

Just called the club as I have misplaced my season ticket card and they will do their best to get a replacement out to me this week. OK thanks, how do I pay the £15 charge? No sir, there is not one this time.

Apparently, loads of other bells have not used theirs and put them somewhere where they cannot find them, so doesn't look like they are charging us. That's nice of spurs.

Once the official app is released, you can use your phone as your access card will be stored there.

This is the thing you have to worry about. It will be too difficult, costly and disruptive to expand the stadium in the future. Being a London club with rich history and huge fan base, really think we should have a stadium capacity of around 80,000. Really annoyed that ManU have a huge stadium capacity which no other club can even come near which means they can always buy any players with their huge profit.
Wether the capacity is 62k or 75k doesn't really make much difference from a financial aspect. It would have added a significant amount to the build, but we would not sell out for many games. And it's not the size of the stadium that generates the massive revenue United have. It's the commercial deals.
They are in a massively different position to us in that regard, and even if we had a 150k capacity stadium, we would be nowhere near united. Just building a bigger stadium isn't the answer.
The one we have now is perfectly sized.

Wether the capacity is 62k or 75k doesn't really make much difference from a financial aspect. It would have added a significant amount to the build, but we would not sell out for many games. And it's not the size of the stadium that generates the massive revenue United have. It's the commercial deals.
They are in a massively different position to us in that regard, and even if we had a 150k capacity stadium, we would be nowhere near united. Just building a bigger stadium isn't the answer.

Right. And putting us 'on the map', making us distinct and noticable is what is more important. Winning things also. We don't need a bigger capacity. It is the largest dedicated club stadium in London never the less don't forget.

A larger capacity might also have put a downward pressure (of sorts) on ticket prices. And I'm sure we wouldn't want that :D

SA7Us41Ys6HyfeT3RWig4nR65zB1M-a3EWiAMLGBc7s-azN-yi3lwpmI0TeK3A0FpRRNUOT7xT-O56J4mf__nQjvlX2C0Juaga2iYqgbkHLd5vL2nCWGNfNOOLnMlX4rwoXCpZX-peBsUoDq1dN4yuhjsqs47tTt_iESMPDFu2qvIh_gRNcPLeMqI4xXsZk_8lX6eGSAVOnAJ3Q8r5xl1pKTcF1g7gPOTmAggCAzxZw5Gy2KnIbiKAlL-Hz4JXOHA-mnv02TtcPV1lNNXYXK5PG6qXlBj6sytnfqMizcS8NOOdPui_zgl6kh_YCbl06QOJkbROGYHXZDoupPzosQNWHuu1XexdPR70HAksqlLuyD9cZn1R6ld5ZeA4U146tdwCkqrJPFZPgTareO9CSUt3zkMQIwArZ6y2SQD7UGEMhvjkBfRMj398WnHvUi77hcusoCbUGflStvPYkdZzPcExgOzl3NCdws0j6SXwMJLgfT9UC1lEeTFISI9Wa2tay3-cFI62gj44i2H8VCPFNr0_-GegN4G7qzZtSSS3rsOUloqFaSXflL95lGQ-CRRJHOcT7txdTnV1lVyvRTDa-G93mfM-KvU84L9K29KmlLAK30tavw861mO9PfrWmSjjfJucKDsm0ZsWYJtC9HLhSeRBvKC_UEzAI=w1086-h610-no

Back