• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Have faith my friend. I believe an announcement will be made today as we love announcements on Fridays. Bit of a pick me up before the NL Derby.
Good shout actually, the club certainly feels like it needs a pick me up at the moment, the press going to town on us as well. Amazing that it’s only 2 games ago we dingdonged on the German league leaders.

Surely we'll be pleading with UEFA and the police to allow a CL QF first leg to be the opening game if we get through and are drawn at home....

Surely we'll be pleading with UEFA and the police to allow a CL QF first leg to be the opening game if we get through and are drawn at home....

Were UEFA to be satisfied early enough that the ground is squared away, I think they would be only to delighted to accept an extra 999 tickets (so they could deny reports of a thousand) for the consideration.

Away team fans are heading for London, switch of venue a week before wouldn't make much of a difference.

upload_2019-3-1_0-35-31-jpeg.6054

JPW_1.jpg

The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, I am the master!

Not sure we were *allowed* to take them home from White Hart Lane! I'll be disappointed if there isn't three blokes getting my train home holding a 12 ft 'Toilets This Way' sign though.

I was expecting the Paul Coyte to do what Tony Wilson did on the last night of the Hacienda and politely request that everyone 'loot the place'.

I ended up with a complete 8ft 4by4 sign post, complete with distances to venues.

This from the Cafe Royal after Jack Charlton's squad send off to USA.

So if tomorrow is our last game at Wembley (excluding future cup finals), are we allowed to take our seats home at the end, like at WHL?
Who wants a red seat?

I’m up for another pitch invasion but given the distance I’m not sure we’ll all make it back.

Fond memories..
46C83172-C38C-4D19-8324-E7D09F42E6B1.jpeg F5D740CF-F957-41EE-A31D-9599B38100CA.jpeg CCF81C78-E1A9-447A-8423-9495C12A6B28.jpeg

based on the optimism on here about test events I was starting to get excited that the elusive club statement was going to come out today - as others have stated Friday does seem to be 'club announcement' day and of course its only 4pm now so there is time left especially if said announcement will be timed for the US/NFL audience too.

However, my doom and gloom verdict is that if there is not an announcement today then there will not be a test event on the 16th March (due to lack of turnaround time) which most likely means no return to N17 this season.

So, there I'll spell out my OPINION loud and clear....NO ANNOUNCEMENT TONIGHT MEANS NO WHL THIS SEASON......

The last time they announced the doomed events it was done on 24th July 2018 with the first one being on 27th August 2018 so a full month.

Depends if Spurs think they have enough time to arrange something like that in half the time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2018/july/new-stadium-test-events-update/?gamp=true

For the familiarisation event they gave an announcement on the 3rd December saying that the ballot was open for a 16th December event date.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2018/november/first-fan-familiarisation-event-date-confirmed/?gamp=true

More trial access etc this time round.

Test events expected at c20,000 then c40,000 - bringing staff & systems experience before the whole big thang.

May be at tomorrow's match (repeat of Tottenham's coming home during Leicester back in May)

Back