• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Lets be honest, he's done a little worse than a few slight mis placing of passes this season. Everyone knows he's a top keeper, but by his standards he's had a pretty average season....
I get that - and also feel a slight lump in my throat when he has the ball at his feet. There are a lot of moaning gits on here who don’t appear to be able to balance the elements of Hugo’s game that need improvement with the fact that he’s been loyal to us when he could quite possibly have gone to a richer club when we weren’t even getting in to the CL.

I also wonder what other keeper we could afford who is as good as he is (not only as an athlete but as the captain).

I get that - and also feel a slight lump in my throat when he has the ball at his feet. There are a lot of moaning gits on here who don’t appear to be able to balance the elements of Hugo’s game that need improvement with the fact that he’s been loyal to us when he could quite possibly have gone to a richer club when we weren’t even getting in to the CL.

I also wonder what other keeper we could afford who is as good as he is (not only as an athlete but as the captain).
Yeah, I doubt anyone would suggest we could get better to be fair...

I just put the Real Madrid vs Bayern game on... a few seconds into the second half and there is a soft back pass to Ulreich (Bayern keeper) - he thought about picking it up, then realised and tried to kick the ball but missed the ball by 3 yards, allowing Benzema to tap in. Bizarre. Makes me appreciate Lloris all the more.

I just put the Real Madrid vs Bayern game on... a few seconds into the second half and there is a soft back pass to Ulreich (Bayern keeper) - he thought about picking it up, then realised and tried to kick the ball but missed the ball by 3 yards, allowing Benzema to tap in. Bizarre. Makes me appreciate Lloris all the more.
On the opposite side Navas made some great saves. There was one incredible save actually.

and some people doubt him, saves of every type there.

To be honest i do not think there are many ( if any) fans who doubt his ability, but i think it was obvious to many that he went through a run of games when he was not at his best this season. It was unusual to see that from him as in the previous seasons he had not had a spell like that.

To be honest i do not think there are many ( if any) fans who doubt his ability, but i think it was obvious to many that he went through a run of games when he was not at his best this season. It was unusual to see that from him as in the previous seasons he had not had a spell like that.

He's made a few mistakes, I think we can all acknowledge that, but

- It's important to remember how bad our keepers were for a long time
- Look at Pool & Scum, top level keepers are hard to get.

He's made a few mistakes, I think we can all acknowledge that, but

- It's important to remember how bad our keepers were for a long time
- Look at Pool & Scum, top level keepers are hard to get.

Agree, i think he is a very good keeper generally.

I think he turned his form around at the end of the season, when everyone else in the team seemed to drop off. Hopefully he'll take that into the World Cup with him and he'll be ready to have an excellent season next season.

I also think now is the time for him to have an understudy who can push him more for his place. Vorm has been a decent number two, but a bit of succession planning for Hugo would be a good idea imo.

I think he turned his form around at the end of the season, when everyone else in the team seemed to drop off. Hopefully he'll take that into the World Cup with him and he'll be ready to have an excellent season next season.

I also think now is the time for him to have an understudy who can push him more for his place. Vorm has been a decent number two, but a bit of succession planning for Hugo would be a good idea imo.
Actually this is true, and not a minute too soon. He was one of the few that played anywhere close to their potential at the tail end of the season.

Back