• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Why do you support Spurs?

Holy thread resurrection! Just re read through and saw that Yermiyahu had a negative reaction to my story. If I am correct he has passed away? I do not know why I did not see his reaction years ago and am very sorry that I did not at least message him and explain why I posted the part that had obviously upset him.

Anyone going to the legends thing tomorrow? Got a couple of mates going, but seems they didn't get a lot of feedback considering it went out to "everyone".

Holy thread resurrection! Just re read through and saw that Yermiyahu had a negative reaction to my story. If I am correct he has passed away? I do not know why I did not see his reaction years ago and am very sorry that I did not at least message him and explain why I posted the part that had obviously upset him.
Yeah if I remover correctly he was unwell and it was quite quick, but I dont remember the details

I obviously missed this 1st time around.

Me, I was the fat kid at school, so always seemed to end up in goal. So I always tended to keep an eye on goalies in football. I spotted this great goalie with hands like spades, Pat Jennings, I found a new hero. He played for the mighty Spurs, once you start supporting a team you cant change, even when they are cr@p, yes 1976-77 season I am looking at you

Jeez, beginning to think I'm haunted.
Mum in law has been poorly this week and the wife and j were going up to see her this afternoon.
She stays in Glasgow city centre, so we parked the car at MIL and went into Glasgow to get a bit of shopping.
Phone call from alarm company, factory alarm is going off.
Factory is half a mile from ibrox, it's match day, traffic is going to be frocking murder.
Wife says take the subway, she will go up to mums and I can come back and get her.
Good idea.
Jumps on the subway, checking gg as we pull into each station.
Guy beside me says with a broad Belfast accent, "spurs man eh, how do you think you'll get on against Saudi Sportswashing Machine tomorrow?"
We chat away,
"My da is a big spurs man, remembers them winning the double, loved Danny blanch flower,".
Well that's given being from NI, I'm a spurs supporter because of my dad I says, seen the double team play rangers, oh yeah, he's says knocked them out the fairs cup, so now the guy across the way chimes in," I'm a crystal palace season ticket holder, spurs have looking really good this season, pity about the injuries. Best live goal I've ever seen, andros townsend against city."
Had to get off at this stop but the other two were sitting chatting away. CP fans partner didn't look to chuffed mind you.

Basically thanks to my Dad and his Dad. Was aware of Spurs and loved football through the 90s but then went to London and White Hart Lane for the first time, aged 12, for 2-0 win over Wimbledon in April 2000 and it’s no understatement to say it changed my life. Begged Dad to take us back the next weekend for 1-1 vs Derby.

Once back in Australia we found the local supporters club and as a budding web designer I offered to build a website for the club. 23 years later, I still build the OzSpurs website (https://www.ozspurs.com) and have seen Spurs play 41 times - all over the UK, in Madrid, Sydney, Melbourne, Baltimore, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Bangkok (kind of).

All thanks to my Dad, that Wimbledon game and a quick email to a guy offering a website.

Last edited:
Basically thanks to my Dad and his Dad. Was aware of Spurs and loved football through the 90s but then went to London and White Hart Lane for the first time, aged 12, for 2-0 over Wimbledon in April 2000 and it’s no understatement to say it changed my life. Begged Dad to take us back the next weekend for 1-1 vs Derby.

Once, back in Australia we found the local supporters club and as a budding web designer I offered to build a website for the club. 23 years later, I still build the OzSpurs website (https://www.ozspurs.com) and have seen Spurs play 41 times - all over the UK, in Madrid, Sydney, Melbourne, Baltimore, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Bangkok (kind of).

All thanks to my Dad, that Wimbledon game and a quick email to a guy offering a website.

Hats off to all you guys and gals that travel from abroad to come and watch Spurs in the UK, real dedication.

I think a round trip of 400 mile for a home game can become laborious at times (especially the drive home after a bad defeat) but cant imagine whats its like travelling from another country

Hats off to all you guys and gals that travel from abroad to come and watch Spurs in the UK, real dedication.

I think a round trip of 400 mile for a home game can become laborious at times (especially the drive home after a bad defeat) but cant imagine whats its like travelling from another country
It can be fun -- a trip to London these days is really only to see Spurs for me. Did it for Liverpool and Luton in October and it was just incredible. The tough part is games like today. 1:30am Monday morning kick-off. In my 20s I'd stay up for it...but these days I just watch it when I wake up, without knowing the score.

It’s good fun and I’ll do it as long as I can afford it.

The part I love is that growing up in Ireland, I was very much in the minority. Every bastard my age supported The Dippers, United or Woolwich. The great thing about being at the stadium is you’re around like minded people as far as football goes and there’s a real sense of belonging when you’re belting out Spurs songs badly amongst thousands of others who are there for the same reason you are. Obviously it’s tribal but being there really is so much better than the experience of watching it on TV IMO.

It’s good fun and I’ll do it as long as I can afford it.

The part I love is that growing up in Ireland, I was very much in the minority. Every bastard my age supported The Dippers, United or Woolwich. The great thing about being at the stadium is you’re around like minded people as far as football goes and there’s a real sense of belonging when you’re belting out Spurs songs badly amongst thousands of others who are there for the same reason you are. Obviously it’s tribal but being there really is so much better than the experience of watching it on TV IMO.
Nothing ever compares with going to the Lane, obviously, but late nights in the pub in Sydney are what made me. 300-400 fans in Sydney for the 2008 Carling Cup Final...a 2am kick off. It was absolutely insane. Celebrated with a champagne breakfast on Sydney Harbour.

B023492A-739F-4CE2-B965-1EC89D50A74E_1_105_c.jpeg

Back