• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who will make an impact next season??? who will dissapoint???? predictions!!!!!

Nigeyman

Chris Armstrong
Just to see who people reckon will step it up in a spurs shirt next season and who may prove not good enough and of need of moving on.

I think Lewis Holtby will prove to be an amazing piece of business last season........I think with a decent pre-season and after having half a season of bedding in we will see a much improved peformance from Holtby next season. I think if he plays at the tip of a three man midfield in the hole behind the striker/wingers buzzing around we can bring the best out of him. a clever little player with an eye for a pass, good movement and I think he will chip in with some goals...... I will go with at least 10 assists and at least 7 goals next season. I expect him to enhance his reputation and he is my player to make the biggest impact.......though for similar reasons I should have gone for gylfi sig who I also think will come on leaps and bounds.

As for the player we may lose patience with Im going to be a bit controversial and say Dawson.....I love the guy but I think he will prove AVB initial assesment correct in that I dont think he is suited to avb system (high line) and I feel if played would be the weak link in our defence putting the element of doubt inside our other more speedier defenders minds. Dawson is a wonderful human being with a big heart but I dont think our style will suit him - he is a decent cb but his performance against Chelsea away was telling for me.....found out against clever movement/pace.

I am interested to see how we go next season and whether we can bring in at least 1 new striker.

Will Rose/Townsend play a big part?????
Can Holtby & sig develop and be better next year????
Will Kaboul & Sandro be available???? like having 2 new signings!!!
Will Carrol...Coulthirst break through????

Starting to get excited again with fixs out tomorrow and even though there are ????? hanging over the club regarding a certain welsh lad I cant wait to see how we evolve under AVB and see which players really get the bit between their teeth next season.

Holtby's a good call. I think Walker will surprise a lot of people as well: he had a lot of kinks in his game at the start of last season, but looked a solid and dependable player by the end. If AVB spends the pre-season trying to improve his crossing a bit (which I suspect will be high on the agenda), he could become one of the league's best right backs. He's good at off-the-ball running, he's lightning quick, he's built like a brick outhouse and his defending's fairly solid. His sub-par crossing is all that stands in his way, really.

Oh, and I suspect Ceballos will make a few appearances off the bench in the EL/COC, and could very well impress if he improves his physical side slightly.

I agree with the part on Dawson, I think Vertonghen's influence will grow and with Kaboul hopefully coming back, I see less opportunities for Dawson. But more worryingly less opportunities for Caulker too, I think Caulker's progress stuttered somewhat last season but I still believe he will be a top player given the chance. I don't really want to see him left to one side for most of the season.

I think we'll sign a LB and even if we don't I cant see Rose playing a major role for us, he will get games but not every week and he may even leave if he is not happy with that type of role.

Carroll and Townsend I think are the 2 we will see a bit more of, I am not saying starting every week but more appearances than recent seasons.

We are more likely (if he doesn't go out on loan) of seeing Pritchard than Ceballos.

I agree also with regards Dawson but we have enough games against physical teams like Stoke, Everton, West Ham etc that warrant keeping him. No point throwing out the baby with the bath water........losing Gallas is enough. I just wouldn't play him in the more intricate games against Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Swnasea. Ironically, despite their movement posing a problam, Dawson seems to always have a decent game against Arsenal at Home.

I think that Townsend will have a role to play, especially in Europe. Kaboul will hopefully be a massive plus, almost like a new signing. After his end to the season, I think Sigurdsson will be an important player next season and again, especially in Europe.

Rose I am not bothered about, his attitude and constant sniping rule him out for me as a serious person to play for our club. Rates himself too highly to be a team player. Sell him off and insert a sell on clause.

Back