• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Where did this all begin - are we to blame?

2,w=559,c=0.bild.jpg

Nürnberg fans made the players take off their shirts after yet another loss as they didn't think they deserved to wear them. Some of the players were apparently in tears afterwards.

It seems to have become commonplace with fans of all clubs that when they lose it's because of a lack of effort. Why is that? Are they just lazy and spoilt?

I can see how it might appear that way with poor teams that have been instructed to sit back and keep it tight. They're able to slow down a game, but struggle to speed it up again.

When we came out on the pitch against West Brom we had a game plan that never happened and I don't understand why. Every day in training we work on playing in a certain way, but come kick off and that's all forgotten. Having a Roy Keane type out there would be nice, but there's got to be more to it than that.

2,w=559,c=0.bild.jpg

Nürnberg fans made the players take off their shirts after yet another loss as they didn't think they deserved to wear them. Some of the players were apparently in tears afterwards.

It seems to have become commonplace with fans of all clubs that when they lose it's because of a lack of effort. Why is that? Are they just lazy and spoilt?

I can see how it might appear that way with poor teams that have been instructed to sit back and keep it tight. They're able to slow down a game, but struggle to speed it up again.

When we came out on the pitch against West Brom we had a game plan that never happened and I don't understand why. Every day in training we work on playing in a certain way, but come kick off and that's all forgotten. Having a Roy Keane type out there would be nice, but there's got to be more to it than that.

There is a growing trend for senior members of the team and club captains to come out in public and apologise to the fans. Gestures like having to hand over the shirts to fans in a loss seem like a good idea to me.

Do you think this would help the relationship between fans and players?

Last edited:
chicken and egg...

do the players have to get the supporters something to cheer about....or should the supporters encourage the players to play to a higher level.

here's a thought....

isnt the home support...or supporters in general considered the 12th man.

if we are why are we waiting for our 'team mates' to inspire us first. shouldn't WE be the captain of the team....and drive them forwards, not wait for others to lead the way first...

isnt that what everyone is crying out for on the pitch.... a leader.

can that be us.... or do we just moan when our team mates do something wrong ?

Yep, good we can agree on this, and well done for being a proper supporter, as I like to think I am too. :)

Just wanted to make you aware that especially for me anyway.. when people use the term proper supporter in describing themselves.. I have this urge to lightly clutch an open fist and start waving it in a side to side motion. ;)

Just wanted to make you aware that especially for me anyway.. when people use the term proper supporter in describing themselves.. I have this urge to lightly clutch an open fist and start waving it in a side to side motion. ;)

Lol me too.

BUT

In his defence I class 'proper supporters' as fans than genuinely love THFC and have stood by through thick and thin.

chicken and egg...

do the players have to get the supporters something to cheer about....or should the supporters encourage the players to play to a higher level.

here's a thought....

isnt the home support...or supporters in general considered the 12th man.

if we are why are we waiting for our 'team mates' to inspire us first. shouldn't WE be the captain of the team....and drive them forwards, not wait for others to lead the way first...

isnt that what everyone is crying out for on the pitch.... a leader.

can that be us.... or do we just moan when our team mates do something wrong ?

I think it's already been touched on in previous pages, that we're a bit bland . Bland from top to bottom at the club but most importantly , we're bland on the pitch ?

Perhaps we need a badge kisser and so what if they leave us after a couple of decent seasons? Whilst they were here , they kissed the badge and had us believing .

How about a Gazza like character, when winning a corner or throw , he turns to the 12th man chest pumped out and fists clenched , he yells "come on!"

How the 12th man misses a Rafael Van Der Vaart, who when he scores , he teases the opposing fans just a little with a show some respect goal celebration, that bellows, I'm proud to play for Tottenham Hotpsur!

I've said it plenty of times that our players need to get a little nasty and been told it's not the Tottenham way. I don't mean nasty in a reactive uncontrolled manner but to be purposeful in the act . We need too ooze a winning mentality that seeps from it, a hint of nastiness and not be so schoolboy. An ex Argentinian international in charge, is not a bad start.

Lol me too.

BUT

In his defence I class 'proper supporters' as fans than genuinely love THFC and have stood by through thick and thin.

Disagree.. there is no such thing as proper supporter. No one is above anyone else on the supporter level.. you either support team or you don't. If you think your above another.. then.. well you know, see my previous post.

This is a poor performance tonight, and I think the crowd is an absolute disgrace. We might not be racist, we might not be agressive, but what we are, are a bunch of sneering, entitled, negative douchebags that think it is ok to howl with derision when a 20 year old youth product plays a backward pass or a guy making his full home debut misplaces a ball.

It's disgusting. It's exactly the sort of negative energy that saps any confidence out of the team. They then fear trying anything risky and our football looks awful as a result. We can win the ball back fine, we can press fine, we work hard, but the crowd is absolutely a terrible influence.

I am a bit reticent to post this so first off I mean disrespect to anyone.
I grew up in the late 70s going to Ibrox to watch rangers under John Grieg. At the time Ibrox was being rebuilt and the joke went it was being built facing the wrong way, the pitch. When jock Wallace came back crowds went up but the football was still rubbish. Then Souness came in and changed the whole mentality of the club and fans. He brought a winning mentality that carried rangers through the first season and they never looked back for 20 years.
I stopped following rangers after advocates 2nd season when it became clear that that the seedier elements of the great divide in Scotland was never going to go away.
Now Sunday was my first time at the lane and it was brilliant. I got of the underground at 7 sisters and walked to the stadium and was a nice relaxed atmosphere. 10 mins into the game someone a couple of rows in front of me pulls out a beach ball and starts batting it about. After half an hour he goes looking for it. Why bother! It seemed to me the football was incidental for a good few there on Sunday. If you don't care what makes you think the players will.
A happy medium between the nasty side of my Glasgow experience and the more laid back but slightly passionless Sunday I had.
As I said no disrespect to anyone, it really was a joy on Sunday and I will be back as often as I can.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back